Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#4076 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
Yeah, usually I have the opposite problem - that they're too good at turning off stereos that aren't in their bedrooms because they're tired, while I (and possibly other sims) still want to listen.

I've had Sims turn off stereos while other Sims were dancing. Rude.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Test Subject
#4077 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 3:48 AM
"stop Picking Up The Baby! Let Them Sleep!"
Mad Poster
#4078 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OpalMoth
"stop Picking Up The Baby! Let Them Sleep!"

If you haven't already, get Inge Jone's ijAlreadyInCribFix. There's a glitch where a test fails and Sims don't realize the baby's already in a crib,

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#4079 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
If you haven't already, get Inge Jone's ijAlreadyInCribFix. There's a glitch where a test fails and Sims don't realize the baby's already in a crib,

omg! Thank you so much! <3 I definitely need that o-o
Mad Poster
#4080 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 6:46 PM
"They both don't have many, but he has more" I was trying to figure out who had more cooking points between Marshall and Melinda Danders. He has two which is more than her one.
Scholar
#4081 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 7:55 PM
Not mine, but Katie Catastrophe during her BACC: "Ew, Freddy... you kissed Monica with that mouth!"
Said after she saw him eating garbage.
Mad Poster
#4082 Old 11th Jan 2024 at 12:32 AM Last edited by Orilon : 14th Jan 2024 at 5:48 PM.
"At least she didn't fall out" Damon and Elvin Featherlight wanted to play Marco Polo so I sent them downtown to a lot with a pool to play Marco Polo. Irma Oldie was using the Dance o Sphere and never fell out the whole time they were playing in the pool.

"Hey Mags, come to check on your son?" Bob Newbie and Betty Simovitch are the first set of kids that are now teens. I had Betty ask him to a downtown lot for a date. While they were on the date, Bob's mom Mags came onto the lot. So I suspect she wanted to see what her son was up to. I also ended up banning Grand Vampires because one kept annoying Irma Oldie who was also on the lot.

Edit to add

"Want to meet your other father?" Two days after Sylph Featherlight gave birth to Elvin, Damon Featherlight gave birth to a half alien baby named Hydrus. He just aged up to teen and now has the want to get the scholarship from being abducted by aliens.
Top Secret Researcher
#4083 Old 14th Jan 2024 at 9:58 PM
Me: *enters household, looks at mother* Are you pregnant again yet?
Mother: *steps out of shower and immediately throws up in toilet*
Me: Ohhhh, yeah you are.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4084 Old 15th Jan 2024 at 1:45 AM
"Why?"

Mad Poster
#4085 Old 15th Jan 2024 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
"Why?"

"To get a charge out of life", is why..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#4086 Old 16th Jan 2024 at 10:18 PM
"Darnit ACR" I got a notice that Bob Bramble had a cold when he came home from work but ACR kicked in before I could direct him to do something away from his wife and I got a notice that she caught his cold while ACR woohooing.
Mad Poster
#4087 Old 18th Jan 2024 at 4:06 AM
"No, I don't think you'll like the results if you get bitten." While waiting for the taxi, my Sim kept trying to autonomously 'admire' and 'tell joke to' the Head Vampire.

Lab Assistant
#4088 Old 18th Jan 2024 at 11:58 PM
"Your work ethic is commendable, but you're starting to scare me."

The gardener ended up staying for more than an entire day at the Capp manor- I was quite grateful since before she began her heroic efforts, pretty much the entire hedge ring around the house was overgrown and it looked horrible, but I was starting to worry about how much legal trouble Romeo and Juliette would be in.

Although, I asked my lawyer dad, and assuming that the gardener is an independent contractor and worked that shift on her own free will, there's nothing actually illegal, apparently.

Justice for Viola Monty!
Top Secret Researcher
#4090 Old 19th Jan 2024 at 2:51 AM
"...wha? I cheesecaked you."

Said in pure wonderment because despite this, Kavita Ajagar only had one baby. He's an adorable little boy, sure, but where's his expected twin?

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4091 Old 19th Jan 2024 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smefanye
"Your work ethic is commendable, but you're starting to scare me."

The gardener ended up staying for more than an entire day at the Capp manor- I was quite grateful since before she began her heroic efforts, pretty much the entire hedge ring around the house was overgrown and it looked horrible, but I was starting to worry about how much legal trouble Romeo and Juliette would be in.

Although, I asked my lawyer dad, and assuming that the gardener is an independent contractor and worked that shift on her own free will, there's nothing actually illegal, apparently.
Oh dear! The Gardens of Capp Manor! Sometimes I fear they're a lost cause! In the "Good Old Days" the likes of Capp Manor would have a full-time Head Gardener and a couple of Under Gardeners living on the estate. In the UK this ended with the First World War, when the Under Gardeners of the land joined the army. Many finished up in military cemeteries or "Missing - Presumed Dead" . . .

The gardens at Capp Manor are really beyond what can be adequately maintained by a single gardener working there only three days a week. I've seen the Capps afraid to go out of their front door, because doing so would mean confronting the state of their garden. Over the years I've been playing Veronaville, the Capps have organised several "Garden Work Days" when a group of their friends have come round and worked intensively all day in their gardens. They would place several pedal bins on the front lawn, so that helpers don't have to walk to the bin at the front gate, with every dead flower they're disposing of. At the end of the day, they'd pay each helper a small remuneration, and/or give them a nice meal. They tend to do this before big events like weddings or significant birthdays. The mod for trimming inaccessible plants is really essential at Capp Manor.

Several years ago I downloaded and installed the mod that makes the gardener come every day. But it seems that that has to be initialised by terminating the gardener's contract, and re-engaging them. But Juliette Capp, who is now in charge at Capp Manor, doesn't like to sack the gardener, when he's obviously working like a Trojan. I'm afraid Juliette though, that you're going to have to take the bull by the horns, terminate his contract, and re-engage him. Maybe you can sweeten the blow by giving him something.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4092 Old 19th Jan 2024 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Oh dear! The Gardens of Capp Manor!

When the Nouveau-Riche family were having the same issue, I redesigned their garden a bit. I found that the route the gardeners take is not really logical, and often they will insist on watering the plants on opposite sides of the fence by alternatively walking around the garden and through a far away gate and then back again. So often putting extra gates in fences can help. Also they will pick up a pile of leaves in one corner of the garden then route all the way to the front garden to put it in the bin. So extra bins concealed behind trees or fences can help with that, although this gives extra work to the maid too!
Mad Poster
#4093 Old 19th Jan 2024 at 11:00 AM
There is a cure for all of the difficulty about gardens: fake plants and bushes. That saves money and the gardener's mental health.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4094 Old 19th Jan 2024 at 11:54 AM
True, but I do love to see the NPCs and the silly things they do!
Mad Poster
#4095 Old 19th Jan 2024 at 12:54 PM
Simslice has a pair of shears that you can order to trim all bushes (and a rake for leaves). I use it for really fancy gardens and let the gardener deal with the others.
Mad Poster
#4096 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 12:38 AM
"Oh, I guess that's a hack then."

Mad Poster
#4097 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 5:45 AM
"Oh, Virginia, what're you thinking?"

Virginia Beech chose Max Flexor over David Ottomas...for a certain value of choosing. This has caused all kinds of problems, but things have settled down and Max wanted to be friends with David again, so on a Saturday when Virginia had to work and Max didn't he invited David over and made friends with him again. David hung around all day and was there when Virginia got home. This seemed like a good time to free range them.

All seemed well - until Max toddled off to bed. I said the above when David went outside to throw a stick for the dog, and Virginia followed him with "flirt suggestively" in her queue. That and "kiss up arm" dropped before they could maneuver into positions that allowed them, but then Virginia suggested a cuddle under the stars. She fell in love with him again as they got up, and then he kissed her good night, and she went and got into bed with her sleeping husband.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4098 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
There is a cure for all of the difficulty about gardens: fake plants and bushes. That saves money and the gardener's mental health.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
True, but I do love to see the NPCs and the silly things they do!

I can't use the "water inaccessible flowers" mod because it requires an EP that I don't have (either Pets or Seasons -- I can't remember which). Fairly recently I started replacing those flowers that my Sims can't reach with fake ones. I'm still using real flowers for everything they can reach.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4099 Old 21st Jan 2024 at 5:59 AM
I have recently started to make gardens at residential lots where all plants can be reached.

Community lots I don't worry about - except if they are owned. I will often remove all or most of the plants at an owned business lot, replace it with cement and a pot plant or 5. Perhaps a tree. Business owners have enough to do.
Lab Assistant
#4100 Old 22nd Jan 2024 at 4:28 AM
"...but who are you teaching???"

John Burb, who's an elementary school teacher, had his carpool roll up to the house... right as I got the notification that his kids got a snow day. Huh?

Justice for Viola Monty!
Page 164 of 169