Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2023 at 9:42 PM
only parts of mesh showing up in game?
i've created a wall segment to use with stairs in blender. (from cube that i dragged into shape) in looks correct in TSRW and when i edit in game in CAS but otherwise its only showing up partially? what could be the issue?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Nov 2023 at 10:57 PM
Possibly an issue with the direction of the normals? Only one side of faces is rendered, so if some got flipped in Blender they will be invisible ingame.
You can check with this option:

Blue is the visible side of the face, red is the backface. You can select any red faces on your mesh and select Flip from the Mesh > Normals menu (Alt N).

If everything looks fine there, you can upload the .wrk and someone familiar with TSRW may be able to spot the issue.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2023 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Possibly an issue with the direction of the normals? Only one side of faces is rendered, so if some got flipped in Blender they will be invisible ingame.
You can check with this option:

Blue is the visible side of the face, red is the backface. You can select any red faces on your mesh and select Flip from the Mesh > Normals menu (Alt N).

If everything looks fine there, you can upload the .wrk and someone familiar with TSRW may be able to spot the issue.

OMG yes thank you i'm new to both cc and blender so i didnt really pay attention to normals until now lol