Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 8:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default more realism in the sims 2
hey simmers, well here I am asking a few things about the sims, I was searching and I didn't find anything or very little, maybe you can help me; I would like the sims to pay more bills, I think they earn too much, I have to take money from them with tricks and it doesn't seem right to me, I would like it to be something fairer, or lower salaries, I don't know if there will be something like that, second request: How is it possible that I made hundreds of sims and almost all of them get along? (personalities are different etc...) is there a mod that makes them not get along (automatically) at least 25%? I think they get along with others at 98%, and I had to have climates of tension, challenges, etc.and they continue to get along well in a high percentage . third request. ; We all know that the Sims reach physical level 10 and never get fat, right? How is it possible without exercising? I would like a little more realism in this section, maybe I'm asking too much. But if there is anything, let me know! Thank you
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Missdabone
hey simmers, well here I am asking a few things about the sims, I was searching and I didn't find anything or very little, maybe you can help me; I would like the sims to pay more bills, I think they earn too much, I have to take money from them with tricks and it doesn't seem right to me, I would like it to be something fairer, or lower salaries, I don't know if there will be something like that, second request: How is it possible that I made hundreds of sims and almost all of them get along? (personalities are different etc...) is there a mod that makes them not get along (automatically) at least 25%? I think they get along with others at 98%, and I had to have climates of tension, challenges, etc.and they continue to get along well in a high percentage . third request. ; We all know that the Sims reach physical level 10 and never get fat, right? How is it possible without exercising? I would like a little more realism in this section, maybe I'm asking too much. But if there is anything, let me know! Thank you

About the bills, cyjon has a mod for that.
As for the 2 others, I have no idea...
For the second one if you want you can turn free will off. Sims normally get relationship points from just randomly deciding to play tickle or socialize with other Sims, so stopping your Sims from liking everyone because of that can help.
Sims don't get along well or do get along well if they are trying to form a romantic relationship but they have no chemistry, I dont know if this applies to friendly interactions too.
For the Body skillpoints, I dunno. There might be a mod for that. I honestly didn't know that!

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 2:06 PM Last edited by TheFlyingRaccoon : 25th Jan 2024 at 4:04 PM.
I have quite a few sims in my hood that have become enemies without me interfering. A lot of times it happens, because children and teens will be mean and attack other children/teens, when their aspiration meter is low. Which I think is fairly realistic as people that are doing very well and are happy generally get along with other people much better. =P However, I also have a couple sims who are mean and just randomly start annoying other sims or arguing and sometimes this escalates as well. I am using DreadPirate's Personality Please mod, not sure if that changes anything.

Cyjon also has a mod for lower wages and the Job Stopinator, which prevents sims that have it in their inventory from getting promoted. I think a lot of people use this with custom rules, where sims can only get up to specific levels in their career depending on their high school grade and/or if they have a college degree or not.

In case you have any mods installed that prevent sims from overeating, you might want to take those out. Also, food prepared from fresh ingredients (crops/fish) is much more filling, leading sims to overeat quicker. Not sure if this is something you're interested in, but having farmers in your hood that sell ingredients and having your sims buy their groceries from them might be fun to play with. There is also simler90's Slower Fitness Gain.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Inventor
#4 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 3:00 PM
Autonomous people do become enemies if they start out with a negative interaction for no particular reason, like if they want to appreciate or hug without relationship, or do a Prank. Then they are likely to start doing Poke and drive the relationship down. If they get down to slapping, and the second person who was poked gets a move, NightLife fury will make them full enemies. They do well if you enter them into an object like a hot tub where they can Group Talk but can't do standing interactions.

If you cook "fresh" meals from the Seasons pack using fish and fruits, they will gain a lot of food points and become fat. They can get to exercise if you visit gyms with a pool and they are visitors. They can still access some machines while you are not actively directing them to exercise. I suppose their fitness should decay to 500 over time.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 8:43 AM
I have downloaded that one from "Bigger Bills" and its "loan jar" and I have it at level 5 and even so they only pay 150 simoleons and they don't pay it every day! I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, (changing the name of the mod affects ?, I usually remove the periods, dashes, etc.). I'm going to try the personality one, it looks interesting and the physical state one, I really like planting in the garden, so I almost always give them fresh fruit juices, and they are just as fit... except for the lazy ones, but It is rare to see a sim with a fat condition, let's see if with that mod it is more realistic. Thank you very much for your help ;D
Instructor
#6 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 10:18 AM
I have downloaded that one from "Bigger Bills" and its "loan jar" and I have it at level 5 and even so they only pay 150 simoleons and they don't pay it every day! I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, (changing the name of the mod affects ?, I usually remove the periods, dashes, etc.). I'm going to try the personality one, it looks interesting and the physical state one, I really like planting in the garden, so I almost always give them fresh fruit juices, and they are just as fit... except for the lazy ones, but It is rare to see a sim with a fat condition, let's see if with that mod it is more realistic. Thank you very much for your help ;D

Renaming mods doesn't affect anything I believe (Correct me if I'm wrong) because you're not changing the actual mod, so we can rule that out. I'll check the mod out and see if something is wrong. In the meantime, you can see if other people have the same problem with it.

Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2024 at 12:17 PM
Thanks for your help, the pay more mod does not work for me in my current house, maybe it is for new houses/families. It pays a little more, but not too much, about 200 simoleons a week and I have it at level 6. I'm still with this family, when I make a new one I'll see if it works better in that one.
Instructor
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2024 at 12:22 PM
Thanks for your help, the pay more mod does not work for me in my current house, maybe it is for new houses/families. It pays a little more, but not too much, about 200 simoleons a week and I have it at level 6. I'm still with this family, when I make a new one I'll see if it works better in that one.

I personally do not use the mod but I'll try to check what it exactly does and it doesnt work as expected.
Try with another family, as you said. Also try switching neighbourhoods, but I don't know if it will help or not...

Alchemist
#9 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 9:59 PM
First this post doesn't really belong in Sims 2 Help. It's probably more of a General post.

Anyway, I'll recommend the Increasing the game difficulty with mods thread. Even though there are some newer mods out there now, it's a great resource to get started and to read about how others make their game more challenging. And I also recommend reading through and checking out Simler90's mods, if you're someone looking for more challenging gameplay. Simler90 has made a lot of cool mods that make gameplay harder.

As for recommendations specific to what you mentioned in your post, I do recommend Simler90's Bill Mod instead, as it adds fees to bills based on the neighborhood the sim is in. And because you can tune (or customize) the mod, you can use this to add a flat fee to your sims' bills. And Simler90 also has a Utlity Mod, which adds on fees for electricity and water use. Then there's Pescado's No 20K Handout, K-C's More realistic Payment for Maxis careers, Amura's Fair wages for service NPCs OR Pescado's More Expensive NPCs (use one or the other; don't use both as each increases fees for service sims. Find the appropriate version of No 20K Handouts and Expensive NPCs for your game in Pescado's Hack Directory.)

So you can make things more expensive that way. But the biggest thing to remember with bills is that, yeah, eventually, bills do get smaller because the items on your lot depreciate (lose value and become worth less). Bills are based on the value of the stuff your sims have. I find that the best way to make the game more challenging is to change the way you play--make sims move, make them buy new things, make them leave their old things behind or give them away, etc. Find things they must buy, or make things more expensive for them. For example, I make my sims going to college pay tuition (which you can do with or without cheats, but Kestrellyn does have a College Tuition and Student Loans mod). I also make my sims drive cars everywhere, so that's an added expense. And if I think some of the cars I like to use are too cheap, I reprice them in SimPE or with William's Object Relocator to be more expensive.

As for sims getting along too much, my advise to you in this post still stands: 1. Make sure Free Will is turned on and visit some community lots 2. Check your mods and make sure you don't have mods restricting sims' abilities to do mean interactions, pranks, jokes, nagging, etc. 3. Try making more grouchy/mean sims and 4. Make sure your sims have different personalities and interests. Using the Sim Blender to set sims' gender preferences hood wide also doesn't hurt, as conflict can also come from failed romantic interactions. You can also just make your sims be mean. You don't have to make them friends with each other--if you set up enough enemies, your sims should fight all on their own. I'll also plug Nopke's No Initial Baby Relationships and No/Fewer Reputation Rewards/Penalties to help reduce those initial relationship boosts.

Finally, for your last point about fit vs fat sims: I do like Nysha's Townie Body Diversity so that unplayable sims have more of a chance to be fat. But for playable sims, you'll probably also need a mod to change sims' eating behavior. I use Pescado's No Eat Crap, which makes it so that active sims tend to stop eating when they're full and lazy sims keep eating, making it more likely for lazy sims to become fatter (because the fitness bar decreases when sims keep eating after they're full).

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Feb 2024 at 12:10 AM
Are you sure you don't have any mods that could be affecting negative interactions?

I don't find making enemies all that hard in the vanilla game. I don't want to go off-topic, so let me know of you'd like tips. In my experience, most autonomous interactions are only slightly negative or slightly positive, unless the Sims see each other a lot and/or you intervene. If they're just meeting a random townie for the first and only time, it's unlikely they'll feel strongly either way.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Feb 2024 at 4:18 PM
Thanks for all those mods, I'm not going to use them, I don't want so many modifications in my game, just what's wrong in Maxis, I really appreciate the explanation, that answers the fact that every day my sims pay less, things are devalued! um...I don't usually play with very rich sims, but in a short time they reach 100k. For now I'm going to use that one from cyjon and remove the money with the inseminator, by the way, I tried to enter the cyjon page and I can't, it brings me an error message, does it happen to you too? Where can I download those mods? cyjon with all the specifications?...
Instructor
#12 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 4:54 PM
Thanks for all those mods, I'm not going to use them, I don't want so many modifications in my game, just what's wrong in Maxis, I really appreciate the explanation, that answers the fact that every day my sims pay less, things are devalued! um...I don't usually play with very rich sims, but in a short time they reach 100k. For now I'm going to use that one from cyjon and remove the money with the inseminator, by the way, I tried to enter the cyjon page and I can't, it brings me an error message, does it happen to you too? Where can I download those mods? cyjon with all the specifications?...

Cyjon's page is fine for me. What if you try again?