Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#8626 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 1:37 AM
You'll all be glad to hear that Andrew and Julian successfully completed their Valentines's Day dream date. They went to Gaia, a large LGBT club on the south side of downtown Veronaville, just across the road from a 30 storey office block. Within an hour of their arrival, some passionate kissing and making out cemented their dream date. The original plan was to dine in the restaurant there after the date, but neither felt hungry, so they took a taxi across downtown to PaintBoyz, where they danced a lot. I have a suspicion that they went there in the hope that Jack and Ravi might be there (Julian developed romantic wants to do things with Jack, the second the date with Andrew was over!), but no such luck, so when they grew hungry, they went back to Gaia, where they enjoyed a meal. All went well, until Julian said . . .

For a moment I wondered whether these were real or metaphorical clouds, but a glance at his serious and concerned face left no doubt: he's not just talking about tomorrow's weather. . .

So what dark clouds does this beautiful, intelligent and enigmatic boy see ahead? Does he know something we don't know?

I'm afraid my first reaction was to cry, which I suppose says more about me than about Julian. Then I played him Joni Mitchell singing "Both Sides Now":

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#8627 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 7:24 AM Last edited by Sims2Maven : 22nd Feb 2024 at 5:57 PM.
I'm about ready to give up on the whole idea of distributing custom novels via owned bookstore. It took me entirely too long to get Lester up to a financial level where he could afford to buy the bookstore - and then I found out that the "Sellable Novels" mod is EXTREMELY PERSNICKETY and no one can explain how to make it work.

I'm not kidding. I tried everything I could possibly think of, and found it IMPOSSIBLE to get the novels tagged for sale. On the floor, on end tables, on specially purchased Maxis tables - didn't matter, the same message: "Cannot be set for sale".

I begged for extremely detailed step-by-step instructions "like you were explaining to an idiot child" - and got vague useless answers. (I get really annoyed when people who don't have problems with mods that are driving me crazy are so casual with their responses.)

(I did find the way to make the "replicate novels via inventory" thing work - and yes there was a subtle trick involved that you had to know and that was at best vaguely explained. But I finally found the hint I needed. It was not obvious.)

Update: Turned out that the persnicketiness is almost certainly something inexplicably weird about my game or setup specifically, but that the workaround was to use only the specific shelving that came with the Open For Business expansion pack to put the novels on for tagging.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8628 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven
I'm about ready to give up on the whole idea of distributing custom novels via owned bookstore. It took me entirely too long to get Lester up to a financial level where he could afford to buy the bookstore - and then I found out that the "Sellable Novels" mod is EXTREMELY PERSNICKETY and no one can explain how to make it work.

I'm not kidding. I tried everything I could possibly think of, and found it IMPOSSIBLE to get the novels tagged for sale. On the floor, on end tables, on specially purchased Maxis tables - didn't matter, the same message: "Cannot be set for sale".

I begged for extremely detailed step-by-step instructions "like you were explaining to an idiot child" - and got vague useless answers. (I get really annoyed when people who don't have problems with mods that are driving me crazy are so casual with their responses.)

(I did find the way to make the "replicate novels via inventory" thing work - and yes there was a subtle trick involved that you had to know and that was at best vaguely explained. But I finally found the hint I needed. It was not obvious.)

Are you talking about this thread?
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5938006

Perhaps you could create a help topic specifically for this, and explain in detail what you tried. Also, try not to get frustrated and berate others for the help they are giving you, people here have different languages and dialects as their first languages and may not understand what you mean by how you phrase something. Consider the possibility that your issue might be unique to your game, so try troubleshooting it for yourself (like trying in a vanilla game with no mods etc).
Mad Poster
#8629 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 3:47 PM
They mean me. Never having met an idiot child (all the children I know are very bright) I could only do the best I could. I mean, there's no steps - you activate the tool, you click on the thing. That's it. That's everything. Placing objects for sale always works the same way. I can't see what they're doing, or not doing, so it never occurred to me that things like placement might be an issue, and I don't believe, based on what they say now, that it is. The only placement issue I've ever had was with surfaces that wouldn't accept the item I was trying to place on it.

My English comprehension is very good but I wasn't given much to work with. "I've tried everything" is never accurate, because nobody can know what they haven't thought of. It really is necessary, when asking for help, to provide enough detail about what you're doing that other people can see that you didn't, in fact, try the thing that seems incredibly obvious to them.

All I can really say on the subject is, that the mod works well for me and there's nothing persnikity about it. There's some difference in our setup making it not work for Sims2Maven, and no one can tell what it is without access to the system where it's not working. In the end, the only one who can troubleshoot our problems is ourselves.

The 50/50 doesn't take as long as people think it will and it's perfectly safe once you've made your backup. I think that's the only way to solve the sellable novels problem Sims2Maven is having at this point.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8630 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 4:23 PM
Thanks @Peni Griffin I didn't mean to imply your comprehension was bad, apologies if it came across as that! I just meant that I thought they were trying to get to home business as well, so advised them to make another thread which they did here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5938039
Forum Resident
#8631 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 8:27 PM Last edited by Sims2Maven : 22nd Feb 2024 at 5:58 PM.
Well, I ran poor Lester ragged trying to figure this out (not to mention some other failed troubleshooting), and eventually had my nose rubbed in the fact that "OFB shelves" means exactly what it says - those shelves and no others. Yes, regular tables will work - IF you first place the OFB Magisplay trays on them and then place the books on the trays. (This appears to be what the original illustration for the "Sellable Novels" mod was showing, but it first ran me up a blind alley and then in circles because I didn't sufficiently analyze exactly what I was looking at.) Edit: As noted above, this is probably some inexplicable my-game weirdness.

At that, Lester's bookstore is doing better than Camilla's bakery - she seems to have no business sense to speak of and keeps running it deeper into the red. :-D
Inventor
#8632 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 4:45 AM
Trisha Traveller from Downtown invited Malcolm Landgrab to a date. She asked about five times before he agreed.

Turns out we didn't even have an awesome attraction, and she wanted to show how Downtown looked under unexpected snow cover. So we had dinner from food plates and forks with blindingly bright snow in a location that appeared to be Los Santos or Las Venturas with palm trees. Even the dining server had snow on her tray.

Trisha wanted to meet someone new, so Malcolm influenced her to talk to Checo Ramirez, and they both pretended they had gone to University and discussed their undeclared major.

Malcolm Landgrab became fat from eating all that snow and cake through the power of Notify as a continuation and wanted to get out of the dining ASAP. Nothing happened, but we gained a best friend, and run away back to Bluwater.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8633 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 9:20 AM
I'm surprised that noone has made a mod to stop dining from outdoor tables if it's raining or snowing lol.
Inventor
#8634 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 9:35 AM
I have. But this restaurant had no indoor options. It works in One Twenty Five Cafe well. It does not unfortunately re-seat the guest if he stands to become fat, because I didn't understand it at the time.

(It's on site in Dining Table Selection.)
Top Secret Researcher
#8635 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 9:42 PM
My arm/hand has been acting up again so I haven't been able to play much but I made some time on Sunday.

Marshall Morgan had to leave for college on the very first day that I played his household, which meant he missed out on his dad's birthday later in the day. Its okay, he was missed. The entire Morgan family was invited. All the cousins came over too, I've admittedly been bad about the cousins having a relationship. Marshall and his sister Marissa are only a few days apart so she'll be leaving the next time I play them as well.

Their older brother Sebastian also lives at home. He currently got promoted to school principal so I'm sure Marshall and Marissa are glad to be done at Bluewater academy. Sebastian is still single but he doesn't roll too many wants to date or go out for a romance sim surprisingly. I should take a look at his relationship panel to see if there are any ladies that might be compatible with.

For Sean's birthday he treated he and his wife to a hot tub and a hammock for the back yard. They also added a bathroom to Sebastian's room and added a pond in the front yard and have now taken up fishing. Brooke is going to love having access to fresh fish since she's a chef and loves to test out new meals for the restaurant with the family. It'll be sad having the teenagers away for a while, it'll certainly be a little more quiet.
Forum Resident
#8636 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 3:47 AM
Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant are all set to finalise their divorce, and both of them are looking forward to moving on. Mary-Sue hates his guts, and in some ways Daniel's feelings are worse - he's completely indifferent Mary-Sue will keep the house and custody of the twins, and her parents are moving into a granny flat in the back to help - and Daniel will get some money to buy his own place and move out of the apartment he's been living in for the last year.

Another relationship that might not be lasting is Lilith and Dirk, as they've been drifting apart lately and don't seem to want to spend time together. Lilith does have several friends, so I don't think she'll be devastated if they do split up.

Angela and Dustin however are still going strong. The possible complication is still a couple of years away - she wants to go to university, and it's not clear whether he will to. But they've still got time to work that out.
Forum Resident
#8637 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 6:08 PM
As far as Camilla's bakery is concerned, I think she needs to offer a wider variety of baked goods, especially of the less-expensive kind. Maybe she should also delegate running the bakery to a manager, as she seems to want to do anything but interact with customers. (Perverse little Simmies! :-D )
Field Researcher
#8638 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 8:40 AM Last edited by Neverwinter_Knight77 : 23rd Feb 2024 at 9:15 AM.
I like to hire a maid and a gardener for university, just to keep things running smoothly. Today, something weird happened. The gardener decided to stay and visit! Why? I don't know. For the record, my sims have never spoken to him.

(That is Lilith Pleasant's daughter btw)

Aaaaand then he took over my bed and I couldn't get him to leave. OK I'll dismiss him.
Screenshots
Scholar
#8639 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 8:37 PM
In my Beginning of Strangetown hood, the following children have been born:

The Curiouses:
- Twins Chloe and Lola Curious, daughters of Glarn and PT#9 via alien abduction, currently living with their guardian, Glabe Neugier, in a subhood called Outpost where the other aliens live as well; both have black hair and Sim eyes.
- Vidcund Curious, son of Glarn and Glabe, currently living with Glarn and his wife Kitty in Strangetown; he has blond hair.
- Jenny and Pascal Curious, children of Glarn and Kitty; Jenny has brown hair, and I forget Pascal's as he is still an infant, but likely dark.

Kitty is pregnant with Lazlo Curious, not the son of Glarn but of his younger brother Clark, conceived during a secret and (I hope) brief fling--so my Curious family tree is very tangled.

And the other kids:
- Loki and Erin Beaker, children of Bjorn and Gundrun, both with brown hair, and Loki has max nice points (!), so I guess his story will turn out differently.
- Circe Salamis, daughter of Arabel Salamis and Eachann McGork, also with brown hair but only one nice point, so there's that.
- Buzz Grunt, brown-haired son of Chip and Missy. Another Grunt is on the way.
- Lyla and Amelia Vandermorgan, daughters of A. P. and Jacqueline; Lyla is a redhead and Amelia is blond.

Vikram Loner is pregnant with Ajay, thanks to a technique Glarn invented following his alien abduction that allows males to bear children; Vikram was briefly married to Madhu Frehndly but Madhu never fell in love with him, despite a locked want to do so, so I had him break up with Vikram and move back home. Vikram is now engaged to Mickey Steel.

And as I mentioned in another thread, Daisy Simnitch is engaged to Palmer Hogleg, not Arty Loste, so there well may be no Kristen Loste, or she may have a different mother, but I am not so concerned about that.

Olive Muenda is currently at college with her twin brother and the DeMise brothers. Olive has joined the secret society so she could obtain a bone phone and a cowplant, and she is making enemies with the cow mascot. Earl E. DeMise has a crush on her, and his brother Tim Lee thinks she is quite attractive as well, so maybe that will be the source of future friction.

My original couples have mostly been having affairs or outright leaving their spouses for someone else's spouse. There have been a lot of divorces and a few deaths, though none from old age yet. My strongest couples have been:
- Zo and Notzo Curious: Zo is almost a Cult Leader, and Notzo has been the one hiding aliens from the military and protecting Glabe and the twins. He also loves all of his grandkids to pieces.
- Hamm and Annie Hogleg: Annie is a successful farmer, and Hamm is almost Chief of Police, but he wants to retire and hand the reins over to Palmer. I guess Daisy will help with the farm. The Hoglegs and the Steels are best friends and represent "old" Strangetown, before the military base was built.
- Mike and Ingebjorg (sp?) Steel: Mike retired as Chief of Police. He was the one who put Leif Halfdanarson in prison and then married his wife. They have two sons together, and she has been faithful despite being a Romance Sim. Leif is now living with the aliens, married one of the Birth Queens, and runs their criminal gang. He's also in love with Glabe Neugier.

I had a quite infamous (in my mind) birthday party for Pearce Grunt during which his mother, Wanda, caught her husband, General Rock, cheating with Eurydice Salamis. Then Eurydice was caught cheating by her second husband, Gwytheryn McGork (who originally used the cowplant to get rid of her first husband, Andros, for cheating with his first wife, Moira). Gwytheryn and Eurydice got into a fistfight, and the party was a good time. Both couples later divorced, Rock moved in with Eurydice, Gwytheryn took up with Vera Loste, and Wanda is doing quite well on her own, thank you very much, and has almost maxed out all her skills to achieve her LTW. Whoa, the drama!
Mad Poster
#8640 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 1:43 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 25th Feb 2024 at 4:48 AM.
I made a mistake yesterday. But, as they say, "It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good!"

As always the first thing I did was start up CAS and made some Sims for the purpose of randomising any Sims who generate in the session. I never leave them just as they generate. I always tweak them a bit to see if I can improve them. So I made a teenage boy that way. I then did what I often (too often?) do. I decided that I liked him so much that I had to have him in my game. So I added a second Sim, and I liked him too. Now I wanted them both as unrelated teens, but to get them out of CAS, I had to age one up to Adult, and make him the father of the other one. (Don't worry -- I do this all the time -- I know I can break the family tie and age him back to teen when I get them into the game.) So I made one of them an adult and the father of the other, and saved them to the game. Now such Sims usually become townies in my game. It's not such a bad fate really, as my townies all have the same inalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as my playables. But before I make them into townies, I have to restore them to their proper ages, break relationships that are only there because CAS forced them, change the surnames of unrelated Sims, change the clothes of Sims who have been aged down, delete inapplicable memories, etc., etc. To provide my townies-to-be with a modicum of comfort while this is being done, there are a number of "changing huts" around my neighbourhoods where they can relax, eat, chat, make friends, etc., while I am making these changes. There are three of these changing huts in and around Veronaville: one in Veronaville itself near the canal, one in Monopolis beside the Monopoly "In Jail" tile, and one in downtown Veronaville between two skyscraper office blocks. But when my new Sims emerged from CAS, all three changing huts were occupied. There was another teenage boy (called Colin Gillies) in the one by the canal, There was an adult female called Aggie Toplady in the one in Monopolis, and there were two Sims in the Downtown Changing Lot. I decided that Aggie was adequately prepared for towniedom and duly made her a townie. I returned to the Family Bin, but to my dismay there was no sign of the two Sims I'd just created. I was sure I had saved them to the game. Had it somehow lost them?

I shut the game down and started SimPE. They were there as playable Sims. But where? I looked at their Family Instance, and realised it was the same as Colin Gillies -- The boy in the Veronaville Changing Hut beside the canal. I checked the Family Description, and sure enough the two new boys were in the same family as Colin. It looked like I must have moved the new boys in with Colin, though I had no recollection of doing so. I shut down SimPE and started up the game again. I opened up the Veronaville Changing Hut, and sure enough the two new Sims were there. They hadn't gone in -- they were standing outside the front door. It was about twenty to ten at night, and there seemed to be a party of some sort going on inside. Using the Sim Manipulator inside the hut, I made them unrelated and then I aged the adult (Tommie) down to a teen. I then removed Tommie's Mystery Sim memories, including his memory of "having" Toni. In CAS they had both shared the surname Forth, but I changed Tommie's surname to Clyde. With them now established as two unrelated but friendly teenage boys, Toni Forth and Tommie Clyde, they went in to join the crowd, who were mainly teens. Like so many in my game, these new boys are both gay, and they soon were sharing their first kiss. After midnight most of the guests left, and Toni and Tommie started getting to know Colin over a late meal.

As I said at the beginning, while this story started with me making a mistake, it had a silver lining for the boys. When Toni and Tommie moved in, they brought their §20K with them. Added to Colin's money that gave the three of them put together just over §40,000, which was enough to buy and furnish a house. So, instead of becoming townies, they have bought 40 Via Veronaville, and are settling in well there.

It's now well past my bedtime and I'm starting to fall asleep on my feet, but I'll try and post a picture of them tomorrow.

[EDIT] Picture now posted here.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8641 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 12:01 PM
Very nice sims @AndrewGloria I can see why you kept them all!
Top Secret Researcher
#8642 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 2:21 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 26th Feb 2024 at 1:27 AM.
Karen Davis lives with her daughter in the home she grew up in. When her grandpa passed away, her father and mother moved into his home, leaving their family home to her. Her daughter Vanessa recently aged into a teenager and got the LTW to be a doctor so Karen put her in private school right away and Vanessa got a part time job in hopes that she'll get some scholarships for college.

Now that Vanessa is a teenager, Karen can get a job. Karen has a nice lump sum saved up so she didn't have to work while raising Vanessa all on her own. She was however working on her "Have 50 1st Dates LTW." I'm not even at 30 yet and she's halfway through adulthood ! Karen found a job in the oceanography career, it doesn't pay that great considering she's starting at level 4 but its really just to have some extra income. She has a decent amount in her savings and not having a mortgage helps but with Vanessa eventually wanting to go to medical school she wants to help her out as much as possible in the future.

Now that Vanessa is pretty independent, its time to crank out those dates for Karen.
----------------------------
On the other side of Bluewater Village we have the Ercans. They just moved into their first home! It's minimally furnished but they have everything that they need. They have two children. Their son Ashley (I thought he was female when he was first born) and their younger daughter Kyle.

For Kyle's birthday they had Kylie's family over. I figured I'd make it a house warming/birthday party combo since no one has seen the new house yet. The reason I only invited Kylie's family is because Kylie and Mark's brother have some history so I always have to make sure they don't flirt with each other and cause drama in their marriages. ACR works against ya sometimes.

Mark finally got a job in the music career. He's a notorious job hopper but with two kids now he'll have to settle down soon. I was looking for a night job for him but at this point whatever brings in money will do. Luckily Kylie has a decent job as a patrol officer, otherwise I don't think she'd be so patient with his job situation.
-------------------------------
I have a few more households to play in order to finish my rotation and head on over to Sim State (I swear I just finished playing them!) but a good chunk of them involve a vacation so I'm going to have to carve out some time for that.
Field Researcher
#8643 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 9:10 PM
Coach came over to the dorm. After I canceled his annoying workout nonsense, he started bullying everybody, which I prefer.

But I don't know who claimed you need a mod for autonomous flirting. That's definitely not the case when free will is on for me. Yes I've found that free will makes college an interesting experience.
Mad Poster
#8644 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 11:02 PM
Over in the real world I spent the weekend at my living-parents house (my Dad and his fiancée). They live in what use to be my Great-Grandpa's house when I was a child, which is on the estate I grew up on and is a few streets over from my Childhood home. I had fun showing my husband and children all the places I would roam as a child, it got me very nostalgic but also it was really weird because a lot of the houses and shops have been knocked down in the past 10ish years for more modern architecture, so everything kinda looks the same, but doesn't. A few months ago I binge watched a BBC program called "Waterloo Road" which was about a high school and was set in my home town and premiered around the same time I was in high school so with that still fresh in my mind it made me really long for my childhood. Which in turn got me thinking about how my Sims are all so American, and that I don't think I've ever seen a council estate in Sims. Maybe a few British houses here and there, and I've made a few Welsh coastal town inspired builds, but that was it. So today I invited the town of Shovell. I was hoping to come baring lots of photos that I took in game, but I opened up the file and they're not there? So that's kinda weird but it's 11pm and not a problem for today. Anyway, I made several terraced and semi-detached houses, a block of flats and a small primary school. I've based it on 1990s/2000s when I was growing up, which luckily Sims 2 is great at and I made everything without needing any CC. Some of the house designs are atrocious by today's everything-must-be-monochrome standards but it's what I was going for

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#8645 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 5:14 AM
Ivy Joiner aka Poison, Capital City's newest resident. I honestly thought that custom hair was going to be more difficult to make, lol. She's Roxy sister and is based on this character from Final Fight/Street Fighter: https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Poison/Gallery#V_

Capital City is a crossover city, with representations of everywhere from Animal Crossing and the Mushroom Kingdom of Mario Brothers Fame to Grand Theft Auto. Her sister Roxy lives in SimNation though (and works for Tom Nook as a security guard now).
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#8646 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 3:20 AM
I had completely forgotten that Demitria Harris was expecting! I loaded their house as soon as I saw it on my notes. Not many people would be excited for a teen pregnancy but I was anxious that it would be quadruplets so I just couldn't wait to see.

Sophia and Ryan Harris have three girls. Miranda, Alissabella and Demitria. Miranda has a daughter, Anna who is spoiled rotten by Sophia and Ryan. Alissabella is currently away attending Sim State University. And then there's Demitria, our lucky gal who's expecting.

Miranda got fired from her teaching job via chance card on the first day. No biggie, it'll give her some time to focus on finishing up her masters degree via online school since it takes away from spending time with Anna. Even though her parents help her plenty, she's still pretty hands on since Anna's father isn't consistently in the picture. I also took her on a date with Sebastian Morgan who she brought home from work recently. He's the school principal ...so I'm not really sure why he's coming home with her he can definitely afford his own car. The date went really well surprisingly, so we'll see what happens when I play his household. Whenever my sims get fired they have to go a whole rotation without looking for a job in their field. Once they do and they get fired again, they have to find a new career.

Demitria ended up going into labor around 1AM on the first night. I closed my eyes so I wouldn't see how many babies there were before the cut scene popped up. Thankfully it was a singleton! She had a boy who I named Darien Harris. For a teen mom she's super attentive. She gets a lot of wants to play with him which I thought was sweet. Demitria's LTW is to have 20 Best Friends so I'll have to figure out her career path now that she's a mom etc. She won't be able to go away to Sim State now since her parents are very old and I don't think they'll be around to raise him by the time she has to leave.

The next time I play them Miranda will be able to look for a job in the education field again. Her daughter Anna will age into a teenager. (Man time flies!) And baby Darien will age into a toddler. Alissabella is also due to return home from graduating Sim State but.... there's no more room for her. Anna took her room, and Demitria and Darien are in another room. So she might have to get a studio apartment.
Forum Resident
#8647 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 4:07 AM Last edited by bnefriends : 28th Feb 2024 at 4:13 AM. Reason: Add note
So I decided to start working on a new community lot based off of a real building, looks like I'm going to have to scale some things on it down lol, considering this is the largest lot in the game.

Building lots is fun, but to build good ones takes time. I spent at least a couple hours to get that far. But it's worth it.

Edit: In case anyone is curious, I picked that building to build in the game because I'm actively working to have it listed as historic IRL. This means I have map and everything to go by.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#8648 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 4:45 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 29th Feb 2024 at 9:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
Building lots is fun, but to build good ones takes time. I spent at least a couple hours to get that far. But it's worth it.
Edit: In case anyone is curious, I picked that building to build in the game because I'm actively working to have it listed as historic IRL. This means I have map and everything to go by.

I once decided to build the Sister Wives mega house they were pretending to want on the show. Took me forever because it was so large! I remember not even furnishing it at the end because I was already over it lol.
----------------------------------------
The Williams household definitely keeps me extra busy when I play them. I think the only "break" I get is at night when they're all sleeping. Hannah Williams is an elder and should probably retire but since she's a concert pianist and only works a few times a week I figured its alright. But now that she's getting closer to meeting Mr. Reaper I'm just going to have her use up her vacations days to spend time with her family. I have a soft spot for Hannah so I'm not ready to see her leave the sim world just yet.

Hannah's son Brett and his family also live with her. His wife Daisy is a dance instructor and just got promoted to interpretive dancer. They have three kids, Brett II, Spencer and Jared. Brett II is a teen and is actually the father to Demitria Harris's baby, Darien. With his want to woohoo 20 sims and Demitria's want for 20 BFF, that's how Darien happened. So for now they're not together, he's technically going steady with Marissa Morgan. (She doesn't know about baby Darien clearly)

For some reason this household is very chaotic for me even though its only 6 sims. Hannah also has three other children from previous relationships so she's always inviting their families over to spend time with them and it feels very cramped. And that's saying a lot because they live in a fancy three story home lol! The first night she only invited Camille and Seth's families over. Seth only has babies so they dont technically visit but Camille has quadruplets so that alone will give me the "Full House" factor.

On the morning of their last day Brett and Daisy squeezed in a dream date before she went to work since he was off. Daisy has a LTW to have 50 dream dates and the poor thing is pretty behind considering she's been with Brett since she was a teenager Since that gave them an energy boost Brett took advantage of it and invited the triplets over later. The triplets are what I call his "other children" with Kaleah Morgan. He got both girls pregnant around the same time when they were teens. (I'm now curious who was born first, Brett or the triplets, off to their memories lol ! ) He really only has a relationship with his daughter Kaleesi so I was surprised the boys actually came over when he invited them. They all had dinner together for the first time as a family so hopefully that means they forgive Brett for basically abandoning them when they were born. Speaking of, I totally forgot he had some child support to send Kaleah.

Brett II's LTW of woohooing 20 sims isn't going too great either. He was trying to get Alissabella Harris to hook up with him but she wasn't taking the bait. Maybe during college he'll be able to meet more girls because right now its slim pickins for him in Bluewater Village. I got him a job so he can at the very least send Demitria some money for baby Darien. Like father like son.

Edit: If anyone was curious Brett II was born before the triplets.
Inventor
#8649 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 1:50 AM
Malcolm Landgrab's indecently dressed employee Tammy King came to his nightclub and burned down a hotel room by cooking a rubbish TV dinner. We have difficulties setting up a cafeteria. She must be one of those people who puts a small bun consisting of mostly air into a microwave oven, and doesn't hear it clicking. Now she looks mighty happy because she wants to sue us in a court of law for not having a sprinkler installed. With a greet status of 2, not even the god of fire can stop her evil plans. I think she must be fired now even though she has earned badges with us. Ivy Butler wants to earn a promotion by helping sweep the ashes, but had "other" things in mind and dropped the ashes on the floor. She will come to the electronics supercenter to practice stocking and cash register.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#8650 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 11:49 PM
Desdemona Capp brought home her friend Alexander Duncan from work, and since he and Desdemona's wife Carla have been on bad terms with each other she decided to try and mend their relationship, and convinced Carla to go talk to him. However, Carla chose to try and gossip to Alexander, which he didn't appreciate, and a couple of minutes later, they were upstairs arguing and poking each other back and forth, while Desdemona stayed downstairs blissfully unaware.

Kent Capp, on the other hand, has chosen to take his partner Curtis Ryan's side when the latter got on the Capp family's bad side for the way he's treated Hermia's son.
As Kent's friend, Bianca Monty kindly offered the couple to stay at her house for the time being, and Curtis repaid her hospitality by starting to bully her as soon as Kent was off to work, following her around the house to poke her and insult her.
Once again, Kent took Curtis' side and needless to say the two had to leave the house. I consulted a randomizer to decide where to place them, and the result was that they'll move into an old set I put together for a bachelorette challenge that Bianca's daughter Helena was in. She's still occupying that lot while waiting for the rest of the hood to catch up to her aging-wise, though, so for now, Kent and Curtis are townies.

Mercutio's son Horatio who just became an adult moved into Bianca's house instead, in which Bianca's wife, their adult children and Kendra McCarthy live. I had completely forgotten that Horatio really dislikes Kendra because she was very rude to him back when they both were teens.

Kendra McCarthy on her hand became Kendra Monty, as she married Benvolio Monty. All the Montys attended the wedding including Beatrice's and Ariel's daughter Lennox Monty-Capp who recently grew up to a child, as well as Kendra's friends including Carla Capp - Desdemona's aforementioned wife - and Christel Capp - Juliette's daughter - who Kendra are apparently also friends with.
Luckily, Horatio stayed on his best behaviour, only trying to poke Kendra at the end of the wedding when she was already safe inside the limousine on her way to the honeymoon which she went to alone.

Gretchen Stompel moved in with Romeo Monty. She's the one of his lovers he usually wants to call over and so on, and now I suppose they're in an open relationship of sorts.

I noticed Earl Capp had three bolts with Victor Lillard, who he probably met at Desdemona's wedding, and a decent enough relationship to justify asking him out on a date out of the blue. It went well, as expected. Pretty much everyone who meets Victor Lilllard come to love him. Three-bolters are very rare in my game, and even more so in Veronaville where there are comparatively few sims around, but Earl actually had three bolts with Adrian Lewis as well until just recently, though I have no clue why they're down to two now. Earl's late father Cornwall Capp in turn had three bolts with Earl's old nanny (who, for some reason, he absolutely despised).

I am Error.
Page 346 of 351