Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2007 at 12:07 AM
Default Whats Your Favorite Old Computer Game?
I loved Lemmings, did you know that you can still play it online, its freakin awesome. I also played a Titanic computer game, I think I still have the disks somewhere, sadly it doesn't work on my new computer because I have Vista. What are some of your old favorites?

btw, heres the link to the lemmings game if anyones interested... here

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Advertisement
#2 Old 18th May 2007 at 12:38 AM
Toss up between Fallout 1/2 and X-Com: UFO Defense.
#3 Old 18th May 2007 at 12:58 AM
Diablo 2
Starcraft
Ages of Empires
Lemmings

Holy god those games were fun.
Scholar
#4 Old 18th May 2007 at 1:51 AM
Relentless and Relentless II, also known as LBA2, also known as Twinsen's Oddyssey. I think I might be the only person who ever both games on this forum....what a shame.

Also, I still occasionally play MicroProse's Transport Tycoon.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
#5 Old 18th May 2007 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by triplea
Diablo 2

LOL, that's old? That's on my laptop right now. I'm still playing that sucker!

When I think old computer games, I think...the original Oregon Trail. That's a classic.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th May 2007 at 3:18 AM
I was a big fan of Lemmings too!

Also loved:

Oregon Trail ("Your Ass Has Dysentery" always cracked me up)

Rescue Rover

Monstertruck Madness

Redneck Racin'

There's more but can't think of them...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th May 2007 at 4:39 AM
Princess Maker 2. I still have the English beta someplace.
Instructor
#8 Old 18th May 2007 at 4:46 AM
I loved playing the King's Quest series (especially #5) and Civilization (I think it was the third one). Also Diablo II (which I still play sometimes).
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th May 2007 at 4:48 AM
I loved the Kings Quest series too inkbottleblue! Ah, and Shivers. :D
Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th May 2007 at 4:57 AM
Oh! I LOVED Lemmings too. I played it all the time, it was the first computer game I ever fell in love with. :lovestruc I used to play those old flight simulator games when my dad wasn't using them, but there wasn't enough action in them for me.

Simberry Fields
A "For Sims, By Sims" City
#11 Old 18th May 2007 at 5:50 AM
I used to love love love a game called Pharoah, and it's expansion Cleopatra... it was a city building type game, and it was so awesome that I ran out and bought every other city building type game I could find, because I thought they would all be so cool, but they all sucked in comparison. I was seriously addicted to that game for a couple years...
Field Researcher
#12 Old 18th May 2007 at 6:11 AM
I loved this game called "Knights and Merchants" but unfortunetly it was a demo that's not compatible with my current computer (darn those upgrades). And I also loved this game called "Mordor II" which is also not compatible with my computer.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th May 2007 at 8:39 AM
the Laura Bow games... i have them on the laptop now sooo much fun.

These are the days it never rains, but it pours - Under Pressure by Queen

You lock the door and throw away the key, there's someone in my head but it's not me - Brain Damage by Pink Floyd
#14 Old 18th May 2007 at 8:50 AM
There is just so many to choose from....But I think that Theme Hospital is my favourite old game. I have been playing it again with in the last week and its just some good ole fun. Bloaty Head Rocks.lol
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th May 2007 at 9:00 AM
I love Theme Hospital! Unfortunately I can't play it with sound anymore, somehow my PC won't let me
My favorite "classic" game is Monkey Island! It is so funny ... But I lost it so I can't play it anymore :weep:
I also like Broken Sword, maybe you know it, also a great adventure.

Oh, yeah, and King's Quest, as someone already mentioned. I still have part 7 somewhere ...
#16 Old 18th May 2007 at 10:33 AM
how old is old?

I have Theme Hospital, also, so another vote for that. Princess Maker 2, also have that. When I was a kid, all I would ever play is Leisure Suit Larry: Lounge Lizards (and yes..i played that..literally as a child..lol)..I have it on this comp now, it has no sound. lol and i've been spoiled by good graphics, so the graphics in that game make me cringe now. lol
#17 Old 18th May 2007 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by khakido
I used to love love love a game called Pharoah, and it's expansion Cleopatra... it was a city building type game, and it was so awesome that I ran out and bought every other city building type game I could find, because I thought they would all be so cool, but they all sucked in comparison. I was seriously addicted to that game for a couple years...

I have both Pharaoh and Cleopatra and I was and still am totally addicted to them too. And like you I had to buy the same type of game. Zeus and Poseidon are virtually the same just with different gods and trade. Caesar 3 is the same just different architecture, then Emperor, Rise of the Middle Kingdom is the same again but based in either Japan or China.....Just awesome games to play if you like buildy city games.

Theme hospital is what got me into buildy games. That is why it is Voted my No 1 favourite.
#18 Old 18th May 2007 at 4:08 PM
I *still* love to play Pharoah! My city isn't doing so well, but it's fun to play LOL
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th May 2007 at 5:11 PM
Math Blaster (Hahaha)
Some Chess game that used to be on the old old old old computer, it would talk to you if you lost or something.
Magic Mountain (sp) Games, I forget the exact name but we would play them in school all the time, you were like a gnome or something traveling up a mountain.
Oregon Trail- I always died though before completeting the trail
Instructor
#20 Old 18th May 2007 at 6:33 PM
I have Pharoh, but not Cleopatra. My friend has them all: Cleo and Pharoh, Zues and Possy, and Caeser III. I also have Caeser III. Much better than the new one, if you ask me. :nod:

Let's see. I still like to play SimCity 3000 when I get to. Fun times.... except when an earthquake runs through your airport and the industrial district. >< I also *love* Zoo Tycoon. That game rocks!!! I have the complete collection package, and it is awesome!! It's funny putting people in the shark tank...... lol If anyone remembers the original Myst and it's first sequal Riven, I played those with my grandpa before he got really sick. Those were fun games. A tad creepy, but fun nontheless.

I didn't really play any other real computer games when I was little. Some learning ones, like Storybook weaver and Interactive Math Journey, but nothing exciting. Poor me.... :laugh:
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#21 Old 18th May 2007 at 8:56 PM
I loved the King's Quest series, and the Leisure Suit Larry series... Monkey Island as well, and Quest For Glory...

Someone mentioned Shivers... I haven't actually played that one, but they made a sequel (I think it was a sequel) called Harvest Of Souls. That's the one game that has actually succeeded in making me jump in my chair. The music was fantastic.

If we go WAY back, there was a game called Digger, or something. It was sort of like PacMan, but a litte different. I loved that game, and was heartbroken when we got a new computer and couldn't get it to work.

And who can forget Test Driver. I swear, if my parents had seen me play that game, they wouldn't have been so eager for me to get my driver's license. *lol*

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Theorist
#22 Old 18th May 2007 at 9:19 PM
I'm not sure how old you are talking. I really can't stand old games but I think if it was installed I would play Zoo Tycoon 1. (I didn't like the gameplay on Zoo Tycoon 2..very glitchy IMO). I liked ZT 1 a lot, even with the poor graphics.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Field Researcher
#23 Old 18th May 2007 at 10:19 PM
Theme Hospital Roxs xD
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#24 Old 18th May 2007 at 10:29 PM
Hmm... my favorites would have to be Treasure Mountain, Sim Tower, and the original Civilization. I miss those games!

There's always money in the banana stand.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#25 Old 19th May 2007 at 2:44 PM
Put me down for the original ZX Spectrum release of Elite.

Or is 1985 too old? :P

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)

Page 1 of 16