Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2024 at 12:48 AM
Default Having trouble editing contact to fit onto new eye mesh
I'm trying to edit a contact to fit onto gruesim's eye mesh and i'm following all the steps in the tutorial and it's looking good in gimp, but for some reason when I try to export it as a dds, instead of staying in the bottom left corner, the eye is suddenly halfway up the screen in the exported image
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Jan 2024 at 1:24 AM
Sounds like GIMP might be saving only one specific layer/selection rather than a flat image.

You can either use Image > Flatten Image to merge everything visible, or in the .dds export make sure that you change the Save dropdown to 'All visible layers' instead of 'Selected layer'.
Screenshots

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2024 at 3:19 PM
Yeah, I'm exporting all visible layers but the picture still exports with the eye halfway up the image instead of in the corner
Instructor
#4 Old 28th Jan 2024 at 7:41 PM
Could you save the GIMP file itself (.xcf format) and upload somewhere- like Google Drive / DropBox / etc - and link it here? Just make sure the permissions are set to public.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 1:02 AM
Instructor
#6 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 1:30 AM
Thank you
It's just a little bit of GIMP weirdness! The black and yellow outline shows the boundary of a specific layer, so it's moving it around when trying to flatten.

Get it looking how you want, then go to Image > Merge Visible Layers, and check the 'Discard invisible layers', to cleanly flatten.
Then Layer > Layer to Image Size, which will refit the boundary.
Then it should export to .dds without issues.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 8:11 PM
It worked, thank you so much!