Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 4:27 PM
Default Third
Third

A video I made for my experimental film class. 'Third' is a combination of real life footage and machinima, in an attempt to bring the two worlds together and tell something about how we relate to virtual characters. My main inspiration was the lullaby, elements of which kind of build up the movie. There's no real story though, it was more an atmosphere I was going after. Some things I might've done differently if I'd had more time to work on it, but I went with the ideas that I had. A special thank you to Decorgal for doing the lullaby for me.

Comments, ratings, reviews, questions are very much appreciated.
Hope you'll enjoy it
Advertisement
#2 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 5:10 PM
Hmmm, while some things in the movie were simply outstanding some things bothered me.

The amount of blur in the movie really turned me off. Also, a lot of the sound effects were really sharp when you played them. No fade...just loud...and kinda coming from thin air. I think it'd be better if you gave a slight fade in and fade out to the sounds and got rid of the blur.

Now, I mentioned some things were done amazingly! For instance, the mirror and the reflections? That was great. The fact she looks like she was in the scene was good too. Overall I think you did a good job.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 6:28 PM
All the sounds fade in and out actually (apart from the abrupt cut with the plane engines), don't know why it sounds sharp to you. I played this in an aula too, over a speaker system, and it sounded fine. No idea what may be wrong lol.

I agree I took a gamble with the blurring. I understand why it may be off-putting. Initially I was gonna blur everything, but I spoke to my professor and he wanted the images sharp too in certain places. I ended up sharpening them where I felt it was appropriate.

Thank you for your feedback