Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The other one
Original Poster
#476 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 11:13 PM
Just to clarify something: I've been asked about whether or not desert backgrounds contradict the theme of jungle fever. I've heard jungle being used to describe all terrains of Africa from the savannah to the actual jungle so I'm happy for a deserty type of background to be used though just desert + no trees or foilage whatsoever is pushing it a bit and may lose you points (nobody's done that so far though). As always though, I encourage creative/playful interpretations eg working from a "concrete jungle" angle is different but perfectly acceptable as long as the rest of it fits the theme. Hope this cleared it up for some of you who were wondering

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#477 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 8:14 PM Last edited by nhayes17 : 16th Jul 2011 at 3:10 AM.
Default Eve McCabe: R4
Grr Meow: Jungle Fever [Kissy Chicks campaign]

There's only one thing to say about this shoot... a freaking TIGER! When they told me I had to model with a real tiger I nearly had kittens, but he really was a big pussy cat, I think I fell in love with the handsome devil.

Diamond Collection [Roman B campaign]

Roman's dresses are astonishingly beautiful, if I ever meet Mr Right then I'm getting walking down the aisle in one of his gowns. I also love how they made me look, I've never felt more beautiful.. princess for a day

Check out my sims blog - Monkeys with Technology
My pixels@SU

Forum Resident
#478 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 10:45 PM
Hayes I never realized what big melons your model had! Haha!

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Forum Resident
#479 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 11:34 PM
Hahahaha big melons.cute.

Nhayes - You will be fine!! Your Great at this

I still havnt thought of my 2nd one lol errr... extention??? hahaha Judging takes forever anyway! So what is a few days

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#480 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 12:22 AM
neither did I traelia lol

hope you think of something soon Lady

Can anyone explain country chic to me?

My pixels@SU

Lab Assistant
#481 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 12:44 AM
Yeah, I was confused about country chic as well. For me, it brought to mind western/country type clothing, which I didn't think mixed well with bridal wear. I'm sure it's probably just a misinterpretation on my part though.

The Dawson Diaries
(A Random Legacy)
Forum Resident
#482 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 12:55 AM
I guess it could be taken as like Deep South of America (in case some of you aren't American). Like cowboy boots and hats, with the whites in the wedding dress being more creme, and lots of dainty lace. Like Old Western Films, or like The Sound Of Music but modernized. That's my take on it. Haha.

Lab Assistant
#483 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 12:56 AM
yeah I was ready to put cowboy hat and boots on my bride

is it like county house style wedding?

My pixels@SU

Forum Resident
#484 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 12:57 AM
Like red barns and white farm houses with horses.

Lab Assistant
#485 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:37 AM
in the UK its more ye olde church and manor house reception

I'm probably going to change me pics but at least I have something up for now

My pixels@SU

Lab Assistant
#486 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:48 AM
I'm still can't decide which one to make "_" gosh... If I don't have any idea until tonight I think I need an extension

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
The other one
Original Poster
#487 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 4:40 AM
Apparently this 'country chic' theme is less well known than I thought, lol. Sorry, I would've explained had I realised. I guess 'country' can mean different things depending on where your from but Trae explained it pretty close to how I imagine it...minus the cowboy boots, lol (though by all means, pair cowboy boots with your sim'ss wedding dress if you can pull it off )

As always, I encourage creativity so there's room for artisitic interpretation here but in my mind a country chic wedding would be reasonably informal (without losing too much elegance) and relaxed with lots of open skies and flowers. I imagine it to be quite a romantic theme with soft colour schemes perhaps borrowed from nature with lots of delicate details in the decor. Pretty, easy flowing fabrics and delicate materials like lace and maybe silk would be used with maybe the odd ruffle and loosly structured cuts which give an overall feel of simple, pretty and romantic....does that make sense? Thing's I would consider to be contradictory to the theme is: sharp, modern cuts/overly structured designs; too much "bling"; overly bold or dark colour schemes; minimalist style and formailty.

I hope that helps. I've tried to find some examples. You don't have to copy these or mark off everything I've listed above...they're just suggestions really. If this doesn't clear it up let me know and I'll try again, lol.

http://www.favorideas.com/wedding-t...-theme-wedding/
http://www.helencarterweddings.co.u...country-garden/
http://www.helencarterweddings.co.u...untry-elegance/
http://www.brendasweddingblog.com/s...hic-Wedding.jpg
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...iw=1084&bih=757

PS sometimes the style I'm referring to is known as 'rustic' or 'shabby chic'.

As for judging, the last of the judges got back to me last night but I've only now had the chance to sit down at the big computer and I had a complete malfunction last night where my spreadsheets seemed to have corrupted...I've just managed to open it now though and so far so good *crosses fingers* So sorry, but this time it's me holding up the show Will try to have the results for round 3 posted before I go to bed tonight (It's 2040 here now).

Forum Resident
#488 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 4:49 AM
I made up my own interpretation lol with is - Moving to the country - going to eat a lot of peaches ;p;

Lab Assistant
#489 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 8:07 AM
ah so it is a bit yeehaaw thanks for the explanation

My pixels@SU

Forum Resident
#490 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 9:22 AM
Come on ng - you have had a week you should be started lol. I have got both my plans in action, just needs her pose fairy to pop up again.

Scholar
#491 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
As for judging, the last of the judges got back to me last night but I've only now had the chance to sit down at the big computer and I had a complete malfunction last night where my spreadsheets seemed to have corrupted...I've just managed to open it now though and so far so good *crosses fingers* So sorry, but this time it's me holding up the show Will try to have the results for round 3 posted before I go to bed tonight (It's 2040 here now).

See...I told you. Contests do it every time. I have to install the new patch. I haven't done that because of the problems, but AwesomeMod expired. So I might as well install Generations, which I've been sitting on.... AND going to the inlaws this weekend. So taking my pc with me 2 1/2 hours away so I can get this done.

Quote: Originally posted by LadyAwesome
I made up my own interpretation lol with is - Moving to the country - going to eat a lot of peaches ;p;

Thank you for the great belly laugh. That was so funny!!!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Forum Resident
#492 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 10:43 AM
Its my special talent sisaly

Lab Assistant
#493 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 10:51 AM
I'm working at it ladyawesome :D
I have been working on some paperwork for a few nights
I get idea for the pose and the clothes but still a little bit confused on sets :p

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#494 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 4:45 PM
Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton just got married; they had what I would call a country chic wedding (in my opinion) which follows what missroxor is talking about.

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.c...a-of-Boston.jpg
http://theritzyrose.blogspot.com/20...uet-post-2.html
http://crowdfusion.myspacecdn.com/m...own-621x322.jpg
http://cdn.tasteofcountry.com/files...e-us-weekly.jpg

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#495 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 6:49 PM
I can understand real life business, but seriously ng you should at least have something going by now.

Lab Assistant
#496 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 7:35 PM
Guys, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, lay off. She has two days left. Who are we to judge if the things she's attending to IRL are taking precedence right now?

The Dawson Diaries
(A Random Legacy)
The other one
Original Poster
#497 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 9:46 PM Last edited by missroxor : 16th Jul 2011 at 11:28 PM.
ROUND 3 SCORES

CONTESTANT – OVERALL R3 SCORE – R3 AVERAGE

Traelia - 283 - 94.3
laughingtoleave - 282 - 94
Sisaly - 277 - 92.3
ChloroformDreams - 269 - 89.7
alissaya - 268 - 89.3
nhayes17 - 266 - 88.7
Astraea Nevermore - 257 - 85.7
Ngluvjj -254 - 84.7
kaylarox - 250 - 83.3
picass0blue - 244 - 81.3
Shadow_Girl - 238 - 79.3

For those of you interested in knowing how close or far you have to go to beat the person in front I’ve compiled the cumulative scores to date. There’s still time to push your score for the next round

While we’re on the topic of scores and judging there will be a slightly different judging line-up next week. Either myself or Heaven will take the place of Sandymdh who has done a great job of judging these last three weeks but has some RL stuff to attend to next week.

EJ Comments have not been taken into account when scoring

The other one
Original Poster
#498 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 10:10 PM
sorry I took longer than I said I was going to with the scores. I got distracted then it got to the point where I was too tired to concentrate and give my full effort and attention so I decided it was best to sleep then come back at it in the morning.

Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
See...I told you. Contests do it every time. I have to install the new patch. I haven't done that because of the problems, but AwesomeMod expired. So I might as well install Generations, which I've been sitting on.... AND going to the inlaws this weekend. So taking my pc with me 2 1/2 hours away so I can get this done.
IKR?! *kicks computer* lol, your taking your whole pc? That's dedication for ya :p

Quote: Originally posted by Heaven Sent
Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton just got married; they had what I would call a country chic wedding (in my opinion) which follows what missroxor is talking about.
Aww, what a lovely wedding...I [i]love[/] that brooch bouquet, wish I coulda had that at my wedding instead of bloody flowers! Though if my groom turned up in blue jeans the wedding would be off I made my husband wear a kilt even though he's not Scottish! (I am though so it's ok, lol)

Quote: Originally posted by Chloroform Dreams
Guys, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, lay off. She has two days left. Who are we to judge if the things she's attending to IRL are taking precedence right now?
Very well said though I think they were only ribbing her I understand how RL can get in the way and sometimes when you've got a lot going on something like this takes a back seat (it's all nonsense at the end of the day: fun and competative but still nonsense, lol) but that's why we allow extensions For the sake of being fair to the other contestants I'd rather not go over 24 hours (The first round was an exception because of the down time) but don't be afraid to ask for one if you need one.

Lab Assistant
#499 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 10:34 PM
MissRoxor, did I get eliminated? I don't see my name on the overall R3 score list or the cumulative list.
The other one
Original Poster
#500 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 11:30 PM
Gah, no, I'm sorry. I accidentally marked yours grey on my spreadsheet because I had you next to someone who did dropout so I didn't copy your scores across to the final line-ups the same as I did with everyone else :/ I've fixed it now and there are still no eliminateions

...guess that sleep didn't do my consentration as much good as I thought it would, lol

Page 20 of 23