Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 1:51 AM
Default Trying to get my town to have certain demographics
I've been wanting to set up a game with a similar vibe to an anime-adjacent show or game in the vein of Persona. There's just one problem -- It's very difficult to organically have a population with a big enough teenage population to actually have, say, a decently populated high school. Is there any way to solve this? Of course, I'm open to using NRaas mods to manipulate the demographics and get them the way I want them to be, but I have no idea of HOW I would do that.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 8:21 AM
Not sure I am understanding the "organic" requirement on this one.

One of my worlds had a baby boom (my doing, NRaas mods guided and encouraged many households to make lots of babies). Eventually they grew up and at one point I had over 90 teens with three high schools plus some Careers mod specialty schools going to accommodate them all. The world was definitely pushing the limits of overpopulation, but I like to push limits sometimes and adjusted gameplay and game/mod options accordingly whenever playing it. This wasn't actually the plan, I just like kids, overstuffed worlds, and lots of activity around my active households. But it all worked out great except for prom night when all 90+ of them tried to converge on the same school. That was a mess, although an interesting one, but I likely won't be making the mistake of allowing such a prom to take place again.

But regardless, this takes a lot of time to work through.

I mean, you could also manage SP Immigration to favor households with children and teens already present immigrating into vacant households that have enough beds for everyone. But wouldn't it be simpler to just create a lot of households with teens in CAH and place them in your world yourself so you can get to the desired gameplay sooner or is that totally not what you had in mind?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Not sure I am understanding the "organic" requirement on this one.

One of my worlds had a baby boom (my doing, NRaas mods guided and encouraged many households to make lots of babies). Eventually they grew up and at one point I had over 90 teens with three high schools plus some Careers mod specialty schools going to accommodate them all. The world was definitely pushing the limits of overpopulation, but I like to push limits sometimes and adjusted gameplay and game/mod options accordingly whenever playing it. This wasn't actually the plan, I just like kids, overstuffed worlds, and lots of activity around my active households. But it all worked out great except for prom night when all 90+ of them tried to converge on the same school. That was a mess, although an interesting one, but I likely won't be making the mistake of allowing such a prom to take place again.

But regardless, this takes a lot of time to work through.

I mean, you could also manage SP Immigration to favor households with children and teens already present immigrating into vacant households that have enough beds for everyone. But wouldn't it be simpler to just create a lot of households with teens in CAH and place them in your world yourself so you can get to the desired gameplay sooner or is that totally not what you had in mind?

Oh, the "organic" thing wasn't a requirement, just me thinking aloud how I believe the way I normally play would make getting the desired demographics a bit difficult. How can I get SP to prioritize households that have teens in them, by the way? I can only really see the option to prioritize teen-headed households, without any adults/parents on them.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 1:20 PM
There isn't an SP option specifically to favor teens in the incoming households. What I meant, sorry if I wasn't being clear, is that if you turn down the other options that you don't necessarily want to 0 (partner sims which means unmarried couples, immigrant friends, single sim households) and ensure the vacant residential lots have no cribs but do have one double bed plus a bunch of single beds, then you should start seeing a lot of incoming households that consist of 1-2 adult parents plus some children and teens.

Of course, sometimes the game figures out what the player wants and does the exact opposite just to be annoying, so there's no guarantees here and you may end up needing to step in and manage some of the incoming households to eventually get the demographics you want.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 2:50 PM
Oh, I see. Thank you very much.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Sep 2023 at 2:16 AM
I have somewhere about 4 households I made with 8 sims to dump in worlds I made to fill them up a bit faster. I would think you could make a bunch of households with 1 adult and 7 teens and place them in town?