Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2023 at 6:52 AM Last edited by Acticis : 12th Jul 2023 at 6:55 AM. Reason: Added information
Default Imported mesh does not appear ingame
Hi,

I'm totally newbie in meshing. I created my object with Inventor, exported it as obj, made textures and mapping with UVmapper and replaced the reflector obj file with simPE.
There are most likely multiple steps I have done incorrectly, but at leasting something must have worked as my object is showing mostly correctly at catalog. However, only bulb (from cloned object) is visible when placed ingame.

I wonder if someone more experienced can directly say from picture what I have done incorrectly? Object in catalog is supposed to be white, not dull gray (something missing?) and well... object is not visible.

I created that obj from scratch as I didn't know how to rework the original maxis obj. Is this most likely my problem? Could it be too small (or way too big)? According to my knowledge .obj's are unitless, but is it rescaleable in SimPE somehow?

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Jul 2023 at 10:27 AM
Can you upload the file? It's not possible to tell what you did wrong judging from an invisible item.

But as a tip, check that the subset names in the GMDC match up with the names in the SHPE. If they don't, the mesh won't show up properly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2023 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Can you upload the file? It's not possible to tell what you did wrong judging from an invisible item.

But as a tip, check that the subset names in the GMDC match up with the names in the SHPE. If they don't, the mesh won't show up properly.

Hey! I managed to overpass my problem by trying again with anothet tutorial. I still made the object with Autodesk Inventor, but uploaded the obj into Wings3D and made necessary scalings there.

However, I have faced new problem. How do I adjust the point where light emits from? Light comes now from too high. I tried to find tutorials without luck. You seem to be experienced, so do you happen to know tutorial or at least what file I should be looking for to figure it out on my own?