Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2023 at 10:03 AM
Default Building walls through objects/windows
I have a two-tile window which I'd like to separate by putting a wall in between so each half would be in another room. The thing is it says "can't intersect other objects". Is there some mod or cheat allowing me to put this wall?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 30th Aug 2023 at 3:42 PM
Can you put the wall up first, then put the window in, using move objects on? Then you'd probably need to save, exit and reenter the lot to enable the wallmask.
Scholar
#3 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 2:00 AM
No. It won't work. Your best bet is to find a single window that looks the same on both halves and put them on each side of the intersection wall.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 3:41 AM
Build your rooms, place window with moveobjects on - use the hammer tool to delete the first part of the wall right in front of the window. Then undo that by using CTRL+Z. You should end up with a window with a wall in the middle of it.

This also works to place fences and half walls.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 10:31 AM
Now that is clever @mustluvcatz !
Alchemist
#6 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 1:03 PM Last edited by omglo : 31st Aug 2023 at 1:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella
No. It won't work. Your best bet is to find a single window that looks the same on both halves and put them on each side of the intersection wall.

I tried this and it worked fine.
Theorist
#7 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
You should end up with a window with a wall in the middle of it.
That picture looks so Sims 3-esque
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 2:56 PM
I don't even use the hammer, I place the window with move objects, draw the wall and click undo. I think that's what i do, can't recall if i draw the wall first or place the window first. Lol nearly midnight, I'm asleep.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#9 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 9:22 PM
Sorry all, it never works for me in the past.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Theorist
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2023 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I don't even use the hammer, I place the window with move objects, draw the wall and click undo. I think that's what i do, can't recall if i draw the wall first or place the window first. Lol nearly midnight, I'm asleep.

Seriously? Why are you doin' this? I never place window like this. Because it looks odd when you look in the window from outdoors.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Sep 2023 at 10:37 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 2nd Sep 2023 at 10:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Seriously? Why are you doin' this? I never place window like this. Because it looks odd when you look in the window from outdoors.

Not sure what you mean, I was saying how I remove a wall mask.

If you mean it looks odd when you leave the wall, well yes it can, you do have to pick the window carefully. Not any old window will do.
If you read my post you may notice I said to undo the drawing of the wall. I was talking about when you place a window but you see the wall mask. I was half asleep and had not read the OP's post well. Only I noticed MLC saying she used the sledge hammer, but clicking the undo button works just as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#12 Old 2nd Sep 2023 at 11:52 PM
I mean that I will never place the wall in the middle of the window. In any case. That's my opinion.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.