Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 12:09 AM
Default Loose Mask
I am trying to replicate a genie character from the sims1 (note first image) but am struggling to find a good mouth covering.
I have tested Blackle mask and Rose sims mask. Blackle mask shape is not right. Rose sims mask would be prefect, it has a good shape, but it is a glitchy nightmare.
I am open to any suggestion on possible other masks or ways to fix rose sims mask.

Also if any of you have suggestions for the hair or headband thing she is wearing feel free to share.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 1:45 PM
glitchy nightmare how? i can try fixing it later today, depending on the issue
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 7:50 PM Last edited by popcornstar45 : 18th Mar 2024 at 8:06 PM.
Hey @Murfee!

The mask has a tendency to disappear in live mode and sometimes appear on the ground in CAS. In live mode when you rotate your mouse the mask appears and disappears on the sims face. Having the sim preform certain actions will cause the mask to jump off the sims face. It looks like the mask is following the sims movements but delayed. Rotating around the sim you will see the mask pop on and off of the sims face. When walking the mask will float behind the sim.... It's a mess...

I think something is wrong with the bone assignments maybe??
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by popcornstar45
Hey @Murfee!

The mask has a tendency to disappear in live mode and sometimes appear on the ground in CAS. In live mode when you rotate your mouse the mask appears and disappears on the sims face. Having the sim preform certain actions will cause the mask to jump off the sims face. It looks like the mask is following the sims movements but delayed. Rotating around the sim you will see the mask pop on and off of the sims face. When walking the mask will float behind the sim.... It's a mess...

I think something is wrong with the bone assignments maybe??

As I recall, it doesn't have backfaces for the viel, which is why it disappears on certain angles, and yes, bad bone assignments. I fixed it a while ago, but is buried in a merged package, and when I tried to pull it out, parts were missing. (((

Shiny, happy people make me puke!