Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 10th May 2012 at 8:53 PM
I kinda feel bad I got called out as being anti-3, but I technically can't refute that. I'd rather see myself as pro-2. The social groups I'm in are about how awesome ts2 is rather than some of the groups that just hate on ts3, I'm not in those by choice. I had a reason for making it only ts2 though, the photos that come out of ts3 are freakin' fantastic, and this is basically a photo contest, so all ts3 people would get more points just because their photos have bloom, but their lighting sucks and that isn't there fault. The other reason is that since I don't play ts3, I don't want to set a round up that they just aren't able to do without a ton of CC. I'm totally 'playing along' as well, thats the majority of the reason I'll be providing 'sample' images for each round. If you think you'd rather be a contestant feel free to switch, I don't DQ for missing a round, so if your game does get wonky you'll have time to fix it.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 10th May 2012 at 9:17 PM
Pro-2 all the way :D

I spent the whole of last night putting together the majority of mine...just need to sort out the binding after I've got dinner out the way tonight - so you shall have another contestant, but I wanna be number 8 (fave number) :p

Realllly hope this gets the other 3 contestants needed...I've never even considered attempting a scrapbook for anything before, but it's really enjoyable!

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#78 Old 10th May 2012 at 10:32 PM
Yea! I got my cousin Ines interested in this contest. She likes to scrapbook for real and likes all that fru-fru stuff. She won't tell me what she's working on - she told me it was top secret. Trouble is she has dialup so she'll have to come over to upload her images at my house.. Yes, we live on the rez and our internet choices are dialup or satellite and satellite is too expensive for most people because they use their phones for facebook. I had to remind her that we don't have cell service in our district.

Since I am mostly incompetant at digital fingerpainting, can we get a head start on round 1? :P

... She better get over to my house tonight to upload.

Hey Croutinian... Wait to see if my cousin gets here and you might get to be # 8

Phae.. DOn't worry about anti-3... This contest is better for TS2 because there is a boatload of CC for sims 2 and it was very popular.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 10th May 2012 at 10:42 PM
Croutonian, good to hear you are working on one. vhanster might be cooking one up as well, he (she?) might swoop in and take lucky number 7 for you so you can be 8. We are (sorta) almost there!

porky, good to hear about your cousin joining in! I did forget about people with slower internet (like myself when I'm living at my parents place). I'm holding back Round 1 until we actually get 10. I don't want people to waste their time working for nothing.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#80 Old 10th May 2012 at 11:27 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 11th May 2012 at 5:09 AM.
With porky's cousin, Croutonian and maybe vhanster, we only need one more! If we can find another judge, I'll jump ship, lol, and be the 10th.

P.S. Phae, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. Doesn't matter to me who plays what, lol. I play both, all that matters is a love of pixel dollies! :D
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#81 Old 11th May 2012 at 5:06 AM Last edited by jones7659 : 9th Jul 2012 at 1:35 AM. Reason: Added Christmas pages
Default Alright, alright...
Joni and Brandon were introduced by their mutual friend, Justin. It didn't take long for Brandon to pop the question.

After a LONG engagement, the big day finally came! It was the start of their new life as husband and wife!

We had just finally got settled into our new house, when we found out we would have something to do with that extra bedroom

We didn't have a lot of money for a vacation, so we decided to head to the Renaissance Faire in the next town

Merry Christmas!!

I can't believe Connor is 12 already! He had a great party at home. We finally got him the puppy he had been begging for

Field Researcher
#82 Old 11th May 2012 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Oh no. I, the typo queen flunked fingerpainting in kinniegarden. However, I intend to cheat using photoshop.

Oh, no fair, I didn’t have art training in my kindergarten.

I'll edit my signature, just in case we still need more players.
Test Subject
#83 Old 11th May 2012 at 6:21 AM Last edited by InesMarie : 15th Jul 2012 at 6:33 PM.
Default The Silviera's
Rodrigo De Mello Silviera and Lydia Ferreira Almeida Silviera

"Family is all that matters."

Our Life Together

Mi familia wondered if I would ever find someone who appealed to me. The problem was that I am from Flores in the Azores. It is an island on the far west of the Nove Ilhas and all the young men my age who live close enough on the island are all my cousins one way or another. So there were no eligible men to marry. But my relatives always kept an eye out for eligible bachelors in hopes one might be acceptable to me. It is sometimes difficult when all your aunties and uncles and cousins are trying to match you up - they watch you like a hawk to see who you like so I am careful not to look too much at young men who I am not interested in. They have learned to just watch me to see who interests me, then they start their detective work to see if he is of good character.

One time my family took all of us by boat to a festival on Terciera, a bigger island. At the feast, I saw Rodrigo for the first time. We were both very shy and kept peeking at each other and turning away, only to take quick glances again. Of course, our relatives noticed that we liked each other so the families talked to make sure we weren't related one way or another. Rodrigo was from Santa Maria, a very tiny island several hundred miles to the east of my island but he had been living in the states with one of his uncles while attending university and had come home for the summer. Rodrigo's family hoped he would marry someone from the islands, someone who understood our culture and the importance of family. They were afraid that he might find some american girl while away at university and they'd never see him again.

After many discussions between our families, our families made arrangements for us meet and get to know each other to see if we liked each other. Rodrigo stayed with another family on Flores for the few days we met and got to know each other. We got along very well. However, Rodrigo had to go back to his family to help them with the family business. It takes a lot of work to arrange meetings like this because of the distances involved. We travel by boat to get from one island to the next. So we did not get to visit in person very often that summer. But we were able to speak by phone between visits. After that summer, Rodrigo went back to the states to finish his degree in Business Management. His family had hopes to set up an import/export business with Rodrigo holding the US office.

We missed each other so much! We spoke by phone but the long distance was so expensive that we could only speak once a week for a short while. Rodrigo came back after graduation and we were so happy to see each other again! Rodrigo proposed! We were engaged for a year while Rodrigo went back and forth between the Islands and the states setting up the business. It was off to a good start. The next spring, we had our lovely wedding. It even rained but the outdoor reception had a large covered awning to keep everyone dry. We had to retake some photos between showers.

I am a little scared yet excited to go on our Honeymoon! We are going to the states to live and that is even scarier! But we will be fine. Rodrigo is a good man.

We went to San Francisco. Our Honeymoon was so much fun! I was worried about his back when Rodrigo carried me all the way down the hall to our room. He said he was accustomed to carrying 100 lb sacks so I wasn't any problem. We had a wonderful dinner at a fine restaurant our first night.

We did so many things. I am not accustomed to large cities. Seeing so many people when I did not know any single person was new to me and a bit scary! Rodrigo took me dancing at the clubs and roller skating! My first time on skates! All they had was the old key type that you attach to your shoes. They did NOT work well with heels at all. I was so wobbly. We decided to do something else and come back some other time. We found a theater with live musicians. During the break, they invited people who could play to come on up. Rodrigo dragged me up to the stage. We had so much fun and were very popular (and made a lot of tips!) We ended our Honeymoon with a very nice tea ceremony at the trade center.

We moved into our new house just in time for the baby's arrival.

We took an early winter vacation to the mountains, hoping to have snow for the children. We found a large cabin at a reasonable rate for 2 weeks. It was cold but didn't snow until the last day of our vacation.

My neighborhood was snowing so their first day of school was a snow day.

Time for a Royal Prom.

Graduation day
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#84 Old 11th May 2012 at 6:33 AM
That's a nice cover Jones!

... Ines. I'm not talking to you anymore! lol. Just kidding. I'm just jealous because I have no talent. Do we have enough entries? Phaenoh, don't make me # 8, make me a different number.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#85 Old 11th May 2012 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aUserName
Oh, no fair, I didn’t have art training in my kindergarten.

I'll edit my signature, just in case we still need more players.

Liar, liar pants on fire! Your album is way better than mine!
Field Researcher
#86 Old 11th May 2012 at 10:03 AM Last edited by Croutonian : 29th Aug 2012 at 11:25 PM.
Default Greenman
Application: Greenman

The couple I chose consist of two of my Riverblossom Hills residents - Morley Greenman, son of a plant (Daisy) and wolf (Morty Roth) and Bithiah Gavigan, daughter of, uh...Nathan and Mary...!
Morley is into arts & crafts, so making a scrapbook is very much his kinda thang, so I present to you the Greenman family scrapbook, as from his POV.
Editing to add: Morley actually has no interest at all in gardening or nature...but he loves his plantsim heritage hence the strong theme of the book! If he knew his dad better he may have gone for a wolfy theme instead :P

Round 1: Wedding

I'd like to thank Cleo Martin [Shikibu], David Ottomas, Sanjay Ramaswami and twins Lennox and Lewis Bradshaw for their appearance as The Plumbbob Faeries - 'Howling For Love' and 'Growing On You' are great songs, guys!; uh...Christopher Platz for his 'catering' - less said the better here...; Florence Delarosa for providing the flowers for Bithiah's hair; Sarah Scott and Daniel Gibson for the photography; and the Plant People of the Enchanted Forest for being such great hosts!

A big thank you also to all our family and friends who attended and witnessed our very special celebration. Nan and Grandad, Mum, [step]Dad, and Dad, my brothers and sister, nieces and cousins...Jasmine, Gabby and Justin...the Gavigans for giving me my beautiful wife...I love you all - now let's eat some cake!

Round 2: Baby

We were told to expect a bundle of one,
In late spring, one fine day in April.
Your nursery was not quite done...
But in March you arrived for us to enjoy,
Our healthy bouncy baby boy...
But also a beautiful little girl -
I welcome you both to the world.
My precious babies, my pride and joy,
With eyes of green and of blue -
I promise to love and protect and guide
To always be there for you
With arms held open wide. :lovestruc

Round 3: Vacation (feels so wrong saying that as a Brit!)

Auntie Jasmine back in 'da Hills' received some post:

Holiday from hell...the plan was for me, Biffy and the kids to go with mum, [step]dad & lil bros to visit Takemizu Village where dad's grandparent's grew up. He's never been before and wanted to all his life - and really wanted to make sure Martin saw it.
Well...he nearly didn't get to go! The airline had double booked his seat - fools! So the long journey became even longer as we argued our case for getting him on the same flight.
After many hours, we finally arrived at our gorgeous destination to find most of our luggage had been put on a different flight (me, Abe and Martin had ours though!). Not only that, but the room prices were higher than had been advertised...and there was rain forecast for our entire stay! Typical.
We got settled and ordered some food from room service as we were all hungry, but the incompetent staff only brought the one serving! Useless.

Later on we spoke to some of the locals who were such lovely, friendly sims - they tried to teach us some of their customs, but none of us quite managed to get it right!
Their tea was a big hit with us though, especially Martin and Abe who stayed up half the first night just chatting and drinking cup after mini cup of the stuff!
We decided we'd go on some of the available tours to see some of the sights. We, uh...may have been one short on our first trip out...someone got a little bit too engrossed in catching fish half their size...

Our next trip was in a helicopter and we had stunning views of the whole village and beautiful island. Abe started feeling a bit queasy about it though so we had a relaxed evening. During that night, however, Martin and dad also started feeling very ill - we worked out that they'd all eaten the same thing...food poisoning just to top it all off! Thank god the kids weren't ill though. Our moods were all rather dampened like the weather by now. We hardly did anything else, just fished and looked after the sick
To sum up, it was an amazing and incredibly beautiful location, with wonderful sims and culture - but I think I've been put off travelling for life...give me the 'Hills anyday!

Round 4: Birthday(obviously judge the birthday...I'm still angry about the school one!)

Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday dear L and J...
Happy birthday to you!

As a lil extra birthday treat, I let the kids help pick the papers and elements - but, as much as I love them, I wasn't going to trust them to put it together! However, Luna may have kept sliding another lil element onto the page enough times that I gave in...I must be going soft...
About halfway through I left the desk while I sorted their lil brother out...and when I returned 10 minutes later I found out it wasn't safe to leave the book unfinished - take a wild guess at who's going to bed a bit early tonight...!

(unfortunately saving for here has messed the image quality up again...comparison pics here: http://postimage.org/image/a4vodlxtb/ http://postimage.org/image/svxlnrsdr/ - really not anything I can do about it to get them under 250 though...)

Round 5: Graduation

retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 11th May 2012 at 2:58 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th May 2012 at 3:52 PM.
Oh wow, I wake up and suddenly we are almost there! We have three more entries. jones has jumped the judging ship so we have a that position available still. Warm MTS welcome to InesMarie, and Croutonian, I bumped jones to number 9 so you could have 8. Not that it matters at all, but everyone has favorite/lucky numbers and you seemed to be the only one who wanted a specific number in my list.

We need just 1 more contestant, and now 1 more judge. And jones, you didn't really make me feel bad, it was more like just a puppy bite; surprising and a tinsy bit hurty, but nothing serious. It's fine. One more person (and a judge, both are equally important for forum rules I believe) and I can release Round 1 on you all! I'm getting really excited about this!

Everyone else, I've gone through and clicked 'Helpful' to each of your posts if you are compliant with image sizing, attachments, and inline photos. If you don't have that 'Helpful (1)' yet, please work on what's still wrong so we won't dock you point for your Round 1 being the same. Looks like Olynicole (image too small), Kisses (not attached), and Croutonian (no inline) still need a few fixes. And please, no one else click the Helpful button to confuse the contestants.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#88 Old 11th May 2012 at 3:09 PM
If vhanster gets one in, we'll have 10. Still need a judge. I just couldn't resist. I love Sims and scrapping. I just had to enter, lol. Now I can't wait! Right after I finished my cover, I was ready to make another! I may just start making scrapbooks for all my sim families And thanks porky, I'm quite fond of it, hehe. I started it last night and stayed up later than I planned cause I couldn't stop. My husband fell asleep on the couch waiting for me
Rubric Wrangler
#89 Old 11th May 2012 at 3:24 PM Last edited by PharaohHound : 11th May 2012 at 3:34 PM.
Applying to be a judge! I don't specifically do scrapbooking, but my design experience includes photography and design for print. (see attachments)

If my stuff looks okay, I'd love to be on board.
Screenshots

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 11th May 2012 at 3:29 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th May 2012 at 3:53 PM.
Awesome PDawg, we have 3 judges again! (Contestants, please notice that my name is Phaenoh and she is Pharaoh, it is different! I go by Phae, and she is PDawg. )
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#91 Old 11th May 2012 at 3:42 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 11th May 2012 at 3:58 PM. Reason: GOOD NEWS!
Yay! Now I don't feel guilty for jumping ship, lol. Just one more!!!! I can't wait!!!! (I keep checking back like every 10 minutes because I just can't wait to get that one last contestant! Can't wait to get this underway!!:D)

*EDIT* I've talked a friend into coming!!!! Don't know how long it'll be, but she said she'd start it now
Field Researcher
#92 Old 11th May 2012 at 4:00 PM
Oops, yeah...forgot the inline - sorted now. And cheers for making me number 8

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#93 Old 11th May 2012 at 4:48 PM
You guys all do such gorgeous work. I am pleased to learn something here. I hope to improve my painting skills during this contest. It gives me incentive. Textures are what slow me down when making meshes. I always bog down on the textures.

Other than hand painting, how do you make a shadow on those emblems and decals and things? (Photoshop help generally sucks for quick answers... kinda like trying to use the Joy of Cooking - It fails for a quick dinner because the dishes depend on all kinds of other premade sauces to make them. lol)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#94 Old 11th May 2012 at 5:04 PM
Usually, the down and dirty method is to add a drop shadow. There is a little box down in the bottom of the right hand panel, and if you right click on it, a list of effects will pop up, including drop shadows, inner shadows, and embossing/beveling. I'll explain more later, its lunch time!
Test Subject
#95 Old 11th May 2012 at 5:21 PM Last edited by PixelDollyLover : 28th May 2012 at 11:36 PM.
Hi, I'm new to this site, but I'm an old hat at simming and scrapbooking so jones was able to convince me to join Everyone has submitted lovely entries so far. Hope you like mine. The family's name is Harrod

It was a small, beach wedding on the beautiful island of Twikkii. Ben's brother, Abe and his wife, Laura were there to witness.

Screenshots
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#96 Old 11th May 2012 at 5:21 PM Last edited by porkypine : 11th May 2012 at 5:43 PM. Reason: Still can't type!
Kewl Jones! Can't wait for your friend to join.

Phae, since we've all been advertizing and begging our friends to join, is there a limit on how many people can sign up for this contest? You never know, we may go from famine to feast by Sunday.

Hey! She's here! YEA PIXEL! We have 10! It's a go! (Good thing too. I'll need all weekend to do round 1. I have some tough competition!

Thanks for the tips Phae! I really need them. lol (You guys have nothing to fear form me. I'll be last place.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#97 Old 11th May 2012 at 5:32 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 11th May 2012 at 5:42 PM. Reason: Random Thought
Kewl Jones! Can't wait for your friend to join.

Phae, since we've all been advertizing and begging our friends to join, is there a limit on how many people can sign up for this contest? You never know, we may go from famine to feast by Sunday.

Hey! She's here! YEA PIXIE! We have 10! It's a go! (Good thing too. I'll need all weekend to do round 1. I have some tough competition!

Thanks for the tips Phae! I really need them. lol (You guys have nothing to fear form me. I'll be last place.

I don't think round one ends Sunday, that was just the deadline to get 10. As to shadows, some of my stuff I added manually, but there are loads of digi scrapbook elements online that you can download for free and a lot of them already have a shadow. I usually tweak those too (for continuity's sake) but it's a place to start. One of my favorite sites for such things is ShabbyPrincess

Was just thinking how odd the two sim "projects" I have going on are in comparison, lol. In 2 I have this contest and in 3 I'm trying to make a dog into a sheep, haha! (So far the mods like the idea and the body, but I need to work on the head) So it's going to be back and forth for me till I get this darn "sheep" figured out :P
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#98 Old 11th May 2012 at 5:37 PM
Thanks Jones! I'll go shopping during lunch.

I peeked. Wow! NICE STUFF and some free stuff too! I'll enjoy shopping there. Thanks for the Resource!

(Ok Phae, you can take off your sunglasses, no more glaring, hand painted pages from me. )
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#99 Old 11th May 2012 at 5:43 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 11th May 2012 at 5:44 PM. Reason: wrong homophone: guilty of my own pet peeve!
Thanks Jones! I'll go shopping during lunch.

I peeked. Wow! NICE STUFF and some free stuff too! I'll enjoy shopping there. Thanks for the Resource!

(Ok Phae, you can take off your sunglasses, no more glaring, hand painted pages from me. )

Yeah, I have a ton of their free kits. Most of my cover elements are from there.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 11th May 2012 at 6:22 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th Jun 2012 at 7:00 AM.
Default Round 1 *THE WEDDING*
Ok everyone! We have 10 and 3 judges. Welcome and thank you to PixelDollyLover! WE ARE OFFICIALLY ON! I will have round 1 examples up sometime later today (I need time to make my pages! lol!) And then you can all start running. Applications will remain open all through Round 1, which will either close end of Sunday May 20 for bonus points, or end of Sunday May 28.

Since I know you are all chomping at the bit, I'll let you know now, plus I'm sure you all could guess this round anyways. Start planning your weddings! Hire a GOOD wedding photographer. Officially you need at least 2 photos, but you may have up to 6 to put on 2 pages. Be creative with it! Everyone will likely have that nice shot of the first kiss, but what about other wedding traditions, like the cake, throwing the bouquet, best man's toast, the flowergirl and ring boy.

Here's another thing a tad different from usual contests. Please edit your application post and attach all your scrapbook pages there. That will make it easy for everyone to view your entire 'book' all in one go. Please remember to take your time and not submit anything till next Friday if you want bonus points. You are allowed to edit your entry as much as you want, but when scoring bonuses we will base on the time stamp of your last edit, not the original post.

I've updated the main post with lots of new-ish information, so please reread it.

Page 4 of 19