Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 8:57 PM
Default Upload Wizard Down?
I've been trying to upload a custom pet in the Sims 2, but it always results in failure. I go to the "Upload Items" button and sometimes it decides to work, sometimes it doesn't.

Even in the times where it works, I drop my zip file to upload it and it takes some moments, then says something along the lines of "Server returned an error code 0". I refresh the site and then it takes some time to load, then displays the "This site can't be reached" text. Is the upload wizard down? I've been trying for hours and hours to upload this, but nothing happens.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 9:05 PM
Hi there,

I just tested and it works perfectly fine for me, and I see by the logs that others have uploaded fine today. If you like you can send me the zip file on discord so I can test it out.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi there,

I just tested and it works perfectly fine for me, and I see by the logs that others have uploaded fine today. If you like you can send me the zip file on discord so I can test it out.

Thank you so much for answering, the thing is I don't think the zip file is the problem; I can't even get there ... It just redirects me to the "This site can't be reached" page, but it works perfectly fine on yours, so I don't understand.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 9:18 PM
Just to be clear, the link you are trying to go to is https://wizard.modthesims.info/ right?

Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 9:20 PM
Just to be clear, the link you are trying to go to is https://wizard.modthesims.info/ right?

Yup, "https://wizard.modthesims.info/"
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 9:22 PM
Okay so it's probably a weird routing or DNS issue. Especially if it works sometimes but doesn't others. There isn't much I can do about that I'm afraid :/

Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 9:24 PM Last edited by FuryCat : 13th Jan 2024 at 9:45 PM.
Okay so it's probably a weird routing or DNS issue. Especially if it works sometimes but doesn't others. There isn't much I can do about that I'm afraid :/

I see, should I wait some while to see if it fixes itself or something, or is there another way to upload? (I saw somewhere it had an alternate way of uploading, its purpose was to be used for multi-posts)

Edit: Sooo, it seems to work when the URL is "wizard.modthesims.info/index.php" but not "wizard.modthesims.info"... Weird, but if it works, then alright.
Edit Edit: Sorry to annoy you, but actually it was a cookies problem? I don't know, but that definitely fixed it.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#8 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 9:45 PM
That's odd, because it should load in the index automatically. Just out of curiosity what browser are you using?

Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 10:28 PM
That's odd, because it should load in the index automatically. Just out of curiosity what browser are you using?

I'm using Chrome. It uploaded it fine now, dunno why that happened. I cleared my cookies and that got fixed, but it is weird.