Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#26 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 7:08 AM
Images of Bill Gates tumbling down a cliff? :P

I've been ignoring you? Unintentional. *hug* :D

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 11:19 AM
I this is what I enjoy when I not playing the sims, Here's my list..........

Resident evil series: (2 was the Bomb, I almost got scared to death when I played this game but 4........It's not that scary but game of the year material!)

Final Fantasy: 7,8 & 10 10-2 (those are the good ones in my opinion)

GTA: 3, Vice city and my favorite, San Andreas

God of war

Legacy of kain

Soul Reaver(I want another sequel ****it! but they end it and yes I own all of them as well)

KOTOR series (Dark side kicks ***)

WOW "World Of Warcraft" (I only played it once *sigh*)

Metal Gear Solid series
(MGS 2 I was a little disapointed because of the long cutscenes and that Raiden Nude scene ewww! *shudders* After that is was still cool)

Dance Dance Revoution

Tekken: 1,2,3,4&5 (Sorry Virtua fighter fans Don't poke at me :sorry: )
Super Mario Anything

Pac Man & Ms.Pac man only the orginal one (when I get Really Bored *lol*)

Streets Of Rage all of them (2 is my favorite one of all time)

Final fight: 1,2,3

Goldeneye & Perfect Dark (Not the new one)

Half-life:1&2

Call of duty:1&2 (they both addicting to me I can't decide which one is greater)

The Warriors

R-type: Super & three (Very difficult game!)

Radiant Slivergun: (Reaaally addicted to it untill I accidently broke it and I Have to get rid of my good ol' Saturn the best shooter of all time!)

Man that's a long list and Yes I own all of them! I'm not Kidding *lol*
#28 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 11:57 AM
if I'm not playing sims that means I'm stuck somewhere in Morrowind... dreaming of Oblivion...
Theorist
#29 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 2:37 PM
My son and I like the old (not new ones) Spyro the Dragon series. They are very well done and pretty funny. I also think they are good for him to play (not too violent). I like the Jax and Daxter series, and Rachet and Clanks..

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#30 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 4:44 PM
-Anything by LucasArts but Knights of the Old Republic I and II in particular
-American McGee's Alice
-SimCity 4
-The Myst Series
Test Subject
#31 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 3:22 PM
Call of Duty 2
Crash Bandicot
Spyro
Ratchet and Clank 1/2/3/4
Jack and Dexter 1/2/3
Pro Evolution Soccer 5
retired moderator
#32 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 9b8ll
R-type: Super & three (Very difficult game!)

Radiant Slivergun: (Reaaally addicted to it untill I accidently broke it and I Have to get rid of my good ol' Saturn the best shooter of all time!)

Man that's a long list and Yes I own all of them! I'm not Kidding *lol*

Ahhh we have a shmup fan in the house. Good work.

I highly recommend you hunt down Ikargua on the Gamecube or Dreamcast for some more Treasure (Radiant Silvergun) goodness. Another awesome Treasure shmup is Gradius V on the PS2.

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Scholar
#33 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 12:48 AM
Parodius baby! Especially Sexy Parodius, though I'm a fan of the other titles--Gokujou Parodius! in particular.

About ninety-four percent of the nice things I've ever said about Konami deal with the Parodius series.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 1:31 AM
Need For Speed and True Crime: New York City

I am not uploading much stuff here anymore, but you can get all of my latest uploads at The Sims 2 Workshop
retired moderator
#35 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 6:19 AM
Parodius was a blast but gimme more recent shmups anyday.

Scholar
#36 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElPresidente
Ahhh we have a shmup fan in the house. Good work.

I highly recommend you hunt down Ikargua on the Gamecube or Dreamcast for some more Treasure (Radiant Silvergun) goodness. Another awesome Treasure shmup is Gradius V on the PS2.
Thanx ElPresidente actually I saw Ikargua at Gamestop the other day and I was thinking of buying that game along with RE4 for the PS2 but I didn't have enough money to buy both So I chose RE4 because of the new content but I'm definitely getting Ikargua next time I go to gamestop and finding dreamcast games are very hard to find these days. my only chance of finding rare dreamcast games is eBay.

Synthesis:I never heard of this game, Is Sexy Parodius like a side scrolling shooter like Radient silvergun? I'm just being curious!
retired moderator
#37 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 9:11 AM
Konami went through a stage where they would send up their own games with comedy versions. Parodious was a parody of the Gradius games and played exactly the same except the graphics were all kooky and the various ship types you could play were much more diverse. In addition some of the ships came from other successful Konami titles such as Pop'n'Twin Bee.

Sexy Parodius was one of the games in the series that appeared on the Playstation and the Saturn.

There were other parody titles released by Konami but perhaps the only other one of real worth was Kid Dracula which was sending up Konami's Castlevania series.

Sexy Parodius

Parodius

Gradius

Gradius V (The first Gradius title not internally developed at Konami, it was developed by Radiant Silvergun's Treasure and unsurprisingly is the best of the series)

What the ****... here's some Ikaruga love while we're at it.

Oh and while I'm pointless posting images can I just ask why on Earth when the original Dreamcast version had the following cover...

And the PAL version had this...

Why did NTSC gamers (and unfortunately some PAL gamers such as myself) get this...

Grrrr. :P

Scholar
#38 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 9:31 AM
Quote:
What the ****... here's some Ikaruga love while we're at it.

Oh and while I'm pointless posting images can I just ask why on Earth when the original Dreamcast version had the following cover...

That's what I hate too plus it's very confusing and no wonder why RS is so da*n good! all of the side-scrolling shooters looks fun basically it's pretty much the same consept what I've seen (Sexy Pardious....hmmmm I'm going have to check that out too if I can find it first! :nod: )
Fluffy
retired moderator
#39 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 10:09 AM
here's a new one
I was pleasantly surprised this week by Prince of Persia, Sands of Time
yes, it's old, but I buy my games really cheap, especially if I don't expect them to be great
but it's pretty good, certainly the best 3d platformer I've played
gloss over the wonky camera and the fight-scenes and it's great
retired moderator
#40 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 11:13 AM
I enjoyed Sands of Time but not as much as I'd hoped. I honestly think Ninja Gaiden, even with its emphasis on combat over puzzle solving, out Princed the Prince... even with Jordan Mechener (the original designer of Prince of Persia and Karateka) on the job.

I have to say I didn't enjoy it enough to bother with either sequel.

Scholar
#41 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 11:48 AM
The reason why many people love Ninja Gaiden so much because is very fast paced game and lots of action. I saw the previews a long time ago and it looked great. I think both Prince of Persia and Ninja Gaiden are really good games.
Fluffy
retired moderator
#42 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 1:32 PM
I don't think Ninja Gaiden is even on pc...
But it's always a good sign if you go "cool" while playing a game.
The prince has that effect on me, at least in the first levels
The sequel should have a whole lot more fighting, so I'll definitely wait till that's down to 4 euros Two thrones looks promising, though.
Come to think of it, there isn't all that much 3d platforming fun to be had on pc.
If you leave out the kids games, there's.. American McGee's Alice? Oh, and Tomb Raider, of course, though I wouldn't exactly call those fun.
Some genres are just more 'console', while others, like strategy are almost solely on pc
Field Researcher
#43 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 2:19 PM
First game I think of: Combat, a long time favorite, probably because I can whomp my sister so badly in it... and watching her biplanes go spinning off one side of the screen is so much fun.

I wish I had a way to play our old Lord of the Rings game and Dancing Demon, but my parents have the TRS-80. I also miss Windham Classics' Below the Root and Alice in Wonderland from the C64.

Katamari Damacy and We Love KD and Xenogears on PS/PS2 are my saviors right now while I haven't a decent computer. Xenogears was actually the game that got me into modern console gaming (between the Atari and then I'd been willing to play at a friend's, but unwilling to spend money on any, and I was actually introduced to it right when the PS2 came out). Love Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast, don't know how they play on Cube. Skies is the only RPG-ish game I've actually completed since my family upgraded from the C64.

Divine Divinity and Ragnarok Online, though my account is lapsed because Entropy can't run the game. Oh and Heaven & Earth, which was one of the reasons I bought Entropy, H&E only runs in DOS, and even has problems with DOS 6. Just wish I could get Jazz Jackrabbit working. I'll also play any Tetris, but like the C64's music best. And I have killed many hours on Minesweeper, Snood and Fowl Words, especially at work.

"Segregate the sinful sexes..." "Wait, how many sexes are there?" "Two." "It's not enough I say, go out and order some more."
Scholar
#44 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 5:38 PM
Parodius was a blast but gimme more recent shmups anyday.

Of course, ElPresidente....it's like choosing between F.E.A.R. and Heretic. Technology and whatnot.

The thing is, I've mostly fallen out of Shoot-em-ups since then...with the exception of Tyrian/Tyrian 2000 (another great game) and Sexy Parodius via emulation, I rarely play them anymore.

Plus, there will ALWAYS be Paro Wars, the forefather of Advance Wars and the other console-based strategy games. Long live the Hikaru/Akane Faction!

Now, I just need to snag me a copy, and learn Japanese...

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
Original Poster
#45 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 8:03 PM
I forgot about a game i liked haha Mortal Kombat from the olden days when you had to blow in you regular nintendoes and stuff haha
The One and Only
#46 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 8:56 PM
It has to be said, that Crystal Dyanmics looks to be doing a good job with Tomb Raider Legends, at least a million times better than Core did with Angel of Darkness.

Crystal Dyanmics has always made solid action platforming games, so they're not new to the dynamics and concept of Tomb Raider.
retired moderator
#47 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 10:01 PM
My old editor, a staunch hater of the Tomb Raider series, returned from this years E3 extremely impressed with Legends after some hands on time with the game. Considering this man's initial skepticism I thinkt hat is definately a reason to look forward to this.

Scholar
#48 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 7:53 AM
My old editor, a staunch hater of the Tomb Raider series, returned from this years E3 extremely impressed with Legends after some hands on time with the game. Considering this man's initial skepticism I thinkt hat is definately a reason to look forward to this.
I have to add my two cents on this one, The only thing I don't like about Tome Raider is the contols it took me a while to get used to but, other than that it was an okay game.Oh...and I forgot menton on my list. it's an action-based RPG, Star Ocean:the second story the gameplay was truly amazing the bad part in my opinon was the voices. even though it's not like Final fantasy it was a great game.

Happy new Year!!! :blow:
Inventor
#49 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by froandpick
Im a sporty type of guy so im gonna say my favourite game is:
Madden 2006 i love my Madden
MarioKart 64 and Goldeneye 007 were great when i was younger too
For super Nintendo i loved the game called Final Fight people probaly never heard of it or remember it but i loved it hahaha!!

Ohh yeah and i like WWF Wrestlemania aswell!

I'm just taking a big stab in the dark here. I played a grame I think was Final FIght. You get to pick from a set of about 12 characters, of which two are girls, and use buttons to kick and punch. There is a 30-second time limit. Is that FInal Fight.
#50 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by floramy
the longest journey
the curse of monkey island
syberia 1&2
grim fandango

I completely agree. :agree:
The longest journey, I played it when i was visiting my sister for a week, it was an awesome game - unfortunatly we both got computer upgrades and it refuses to work but we still have it just incase!
The curse of monkey island, again my sisters game and we both enjoyed playing it.
Syberia 1&2, best games ever. I recently completed Syberia 2 for Xbox and I am still awe-ing over the youki!
Grim Fandango I borrowed off my sister's ex, really funny game and good gameplay too.

I also enjoy,
Halo 1&2
The Tekken series
Metal Gear Solid
Who Wants to be a millionare, 1st and 2nd edition
Any Sonic games
Nintendogs
SSX
True Crime Streets of LA, and I'm hoping to get New York City too
The moment of Silence

And I want to get Still Life for PC since I played a demo and it was pretty good!

Page 2 of 9