Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 2:42 PM
Default The 2nd Official Home Make Over Contest- ALL ROUNDS
ROUND ONE

Down The Shore

Submurge yourself in the most beautiful beachy Bathroom and Nautical Den/Office you can create. Bring a piece of the ocean indoors.

Thank you to all who entered-

The Rules-

You are to decorate the following rooms (yes roomS- We will be doing TWO each week) According to the theme presented to you.

You may not edit walls-
You may not move the placement of the doors and windows.
You CAN change the style of the windows and doors to fit the theme of the room.

You will need to provide the following photos for this round.
Each room you decorate you can post no mroe than TWO photos PER room - to show the layout of your decorating skills.
You must provide ONE aerial photo showing both rooms to verify that you have decorated the correct rooms..

TOTAL PICTURES THIS ROUND =5

No chatter between posts please. I want to see entries only. Any questions may be placed in the Entry Round thread.

No reserving spaces.

I am posting from the Eastern Time Zone United States- All deadlines will be posted in reference to this time zone.
You will have Four Days to complete your decorating. This round will end on Monday April 24th Midnight Eastern Time Zone.
****Due to a certain entrants request- You may submit your entries until 8 am Tuesday morning eastern time***

The layout for reference if Needed can be found on the entry round thread

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Advertisement
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 2:42 PM
~~Contestant List~~

X1. Pressure-withdrawn
~2. zeldap
~3. Kieriak420
~4. riverame7
~5. BlueSoup
X6. Cheeseisgood-withdrawn
~7. HisBeachgirl
~8. HunterKiller13
~9. Rascal
~10. Dorka
~11. CandyGrnDay
~12. melicals
~13. iampinkstar
X14. ~Michelle~ - withdrawn
~15. cory_g
~16. coolh
~17. nectere
18. kishma_ash
~19. simrunner
~20. chique4591
~21. Liss
~22. mrcheeks
~23. ciane
24. dragon_tfm
~25. minena
~26. Gypsy
~27. Brentster
~28. alayaya
~29. Rayea
30. nixie
31. SuperFly
~32. Ms. Useless Knowledge
~33. Lethe_s
~34. julianarosalia
~35. Miss Puff
~36. JessicaRitchie

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Instructor
#3 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 6:24 PM
Deadline of Monday? I may not be able to make that. I'll have to try though, the PC is not working at the moment.

Edit: Sorry, will post chat in the chat thread. Please accept my Apologies

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Instructor
#4 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 9:21 AM
Here's my entry!

Aerial shot:

Bathroom shots:

Den shots:

Hope they're good! :D
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 12:30 PM
my entry :]

aerial shot;

den ;

bathroom ;

starting to feel immensely nervous. :o

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
#6 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 3:55 PM
Here is my entry:

The bathroom:

The den:

The arial shot:

the end
#7 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 4:01 PM
Here's my soooo not right house...
Everyones looks so nice.
I am really nervous!Mine's really bad!!

Aerial pic:

Bathroom:

Den:

I don't really think it's right but anyways... let's hope for the best!!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 5:53 PM
Everytime I do one of these you guys totally WOW me- You dont want voting to be easy for us ever do ya. Excellent job all of you!

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
#9 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 11:40 PM
Default Round 1
Ok here it goes if i'm ready or not. Been glued to this since yesterday lol if i don't submit now i'll go blind
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 1:16 AM
Default Round One
Starting with the Bathroom, decorated in a "beachy/tropical" sort of style. (note: that seagull is hanging, not flying... lol)

and now the den, decorated to look like a boat cabin, or a sailor's office....

overview

**most custom content from Vita Sims, the sims resource, mts2, reflex sims, peggy sims, and meshkiste.

Eagles may soar, but bunnies don't get sucked into jet engines
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 3:11 AM
Default Here's mine
Okay here's my entry...

Top-down view

Bathrooms

And the Den

Slighty nervous lol..
Field Researcher
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 3:33 AM

Bathroom Custom Content List
Fancy towel rack - YGG at Spiffy Sims
Bathtub & plants - 4ESF Bathroom 5
Shell pictures - Casa D'Arte
Wallpaper - Maxis, unlocked by SimLiterati
Tile floor - Stitchy (TSR)
Wood floor - Holy Simoly
Curtains - Well Dressed Sim

Den Custom Content List
Chair and Sofa - Holy Simoly
Desk, Desktop accessories, End tables - Around the Sims 2
Desk chair - Cemre at TSR
Steering wheel - Captain Xanathon at MTS2
Anchor - meshkiste
Titanic model, paintings, easel recolour - MTS2.
Fluffy
retired moderator
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 3:57 PM
heyhey,
here's my entries

The Sunrise Den, a nice, fresh room where you can properly wake up, have coffee and get some work done, or just watch cartoons.

The Sunset Bathroom, your own little tropical resort to wind down after a long day of work.

Custom content. Tons of it. Mostly from ATS, Mango sims, Peggy, Dincer's and PimpMySims2.
The windows are Numenor's wallwindows, combined with my own recolours of Peggy's Glass Screens.
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 5:23 PM
Default Round 1 Entry
My entry = )

(hope its alright, my style is very minimalistic, i like clean simple lines)

The Bathroom: I went for more of a 1960's beach kinda theme

The Den: Fishermans Den

Aerial:

*crosses fingers* = )
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 8:32 PM
Default Den/Office and Bath
Good luck everyone!

For more lots, recolors and meshes, visit
Hula Sims
#16 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 3:02 AM
Aerial shot:

Beachy Bath:

Nautical Den:

A lot of custom content from TSR and MTS2 :-).
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 2:05 PM
Okay - here's my attempt. Everyone elses entries look amazing!
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 4:08 PM
Default Bath/Den
My turn.
First the bath. I tried to keep true to a beach theme. Decor includes sand floors, water walls, fish, shells, and even a piece of driftwood. There's a table decorated with coconuts to put a tropical drink on as you relax in the tub.

Next the den. I'm not sure if it's nautical, but has several nice things in it. I went with the round windows beacuse they sorta look like portholes if you use your imagination.

Aerial:

Custom stuff:
MTS2
SimsResource
Meshkiste
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 5:12 PM
Swatches of sponged coral blue on the walls and a restrained darker hue on the hand polished tiles make up the base of this bathroom. I wanted to go in for a deep/fierce sea theme as opposed to a balmy and languid look and the fittings are matched accordingly.

Firstly here's the requisite overhead shot depicting room placement

Bathroom shot 1

Bathroom shot 2

As for the den, I have been inspired the British East India men from the 16th and 17th centuries so I have tried to remain true to that feel and hence the walnut panelling and planked flooring which in turn are complemented by the heavy brass and wood furniture that suits the room really well due to their rough hewn look.

The den was intended as study/library and retreat where one could sit and listen to classical oldies and perhaps have a smoke.

Den shot 1

Den shot 2

Yeah, before I forget, the bathroom windows are coloured differently to remove any doubt of their single tile origins. If any of you dont recognize a custom object and want it PM me and i'll get back to you with the link.
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 5:39 PM
With the bathroom i wanted you to feel like you are actually underwater when you are in there so it is all in blue with a shell bath/toilet/sink and light wood furniture. There are underwater plants and stepping stones to the bath. The windows are small and round like portholes and the door is so dark it matches the wall and has a light blue porthole.

With the den/office i went for a beach hut feel with a light refreshed seating area and study area.

and the aerial

most of my custom content comes from MTS2 and the bathroom set is from parsimonious.
#21 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 5:44 PM
Hey everyone, Here is my entry! I hope that you like it!

Let's Start with the BATHROOM

To me, this is a perfect example of a Beach theme.I didnt want to get to kitchy because that is just not my style. But in order to keep that beachy theme , i kept with the traditional beach colours of Red, White and Navy. To accomplish this i did the following:
Painted the walls a navy(which is the colour of deep water)
The floor tile is the colour of sand
I made most of the room the navy because it is the most prodominant colour of the beach theme (the water is the most prodominant eature of a beach!). So, i put red in little accent touches through out the room (towels, carpets etc).
The vanity that i chose i think fits perfectly with this theme (mostly because of its colour). The mirror i put above it reminds me of one of those windows you would find in a submarine (i think there called pot holes? or something liek that!)

Now for the DEN

So, as you can tell this is the den. To me, a den is a room in which the whole family can go and watch tv, play on the computer (etc) and not feel pressured to keep it extremely clean and tidy. I accomplished the Nautical theme by once again using the traditional colours of Navy, White and Red, but i mostly used white and red in this room becasue the bathroom had alot of navy.
The first picture shows the television area. I used a white sectional sofa that is slipcovered for easy cleaning. The wicker coffe table really reminds me of the sea. I dont know why but i think it is just the natural feel of it. The carpet is red and white, aswell with a tan colour which can represent the sand. The curtains are navy (too bring a little of that colour in).
The second picture is of the "study" area. The nautical theme is kept over here by using alot of white, aswell as fun touches of the sea (small fish tank, miniature boat, tresure chest etc.) I made sure the desk had alot of storage in it aswell. The bookcase adds warmth to the room, aswell as more of that nautical theme (the top of it looks like a ships sterering wheel!)
Overall in this room, the floors remind me of a board walk that would be on the beach So that is why i chose that floor. The walls i chose to bead board because it has that real cape cod feel to them!

This is the aerial shot, here you can see the placement of everything if you didnt get the feel of the rooms from the other 4 pictures!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 8:19 PM
Default my entries
It was hard just picking the right pics...

Here is the bath

Here is the den (I went for captains quarters in an old world styling)

Ariel of both rooms
Field Researcher
#23 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 11:44 PM
Here's mine, everyone has done outstanding so far!!

The bathroom

The den/office

Overview

"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without the work"
Sophisticated Sims
Featured Artist at Spiffy Sims
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#24 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 5:05 AM
My inspiration for my bathroom and study are eastern seaboard (i.e. Long Island, NY and Nantucket) summer cottages. For the bathroom, I chose sedate peach and aqua to create a serene look. For the study, I chose relaxing blue, white and light wood with yachting touches.

Credits for Bathroom and Study Recolors, Walls, Floors and New Objects:

Bathroom:
- 'Bijoux' Wicker Armchair by Holy Simoly
- ATS Epure Bathroom Accessories
- Bathroom Clutter by Windkeeper
- Modern Painting, Set of 3 by Simaddict99
- curtains, MangoSims
- Other paintings, Aussie Topenders
- Wall by Sunni Sims

Study:
- ATS Souk Basket
- Rug, Aussie Topenders
- Wall by Komosims
- Floor by WDS, BriAnna
- paintings created by myself

anything else that is not Maxis came from MTS2 (as far as I know)

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Field Researcher
#25 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 11:12 PM
Well, here are mine:

Overhead

---
The Den: Captain's Quarters

---
Bathroom: By the Shore

Page 1 of 3