Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 6:50 PM
Hello, people, what's up? What are you currently working on? I am working on my university project of Ise Grand Shrine in Japan. If you want I can take pictures of the drawings and show them, when they are ready?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 8:38 PM
Oh yea that sounds cool

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#53 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 1:59 AM
I finally submitted my townhouse and hope it gets accepted

C.T.HOLKO88
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 4:50 PM
That is my portfolio for the Ise Grand Shrine project that I made this semester. All of the architectural and perspective drawings are made by hand by me. I built the model together with one of my colleagues, we selected all the materials and shaped them by ourselves. I hope that you enjoy it, I really put a lot of effort in it.

- Title page -

- Information on Ise Grand Shrine -

- Page of contents -

- Situational plan and plan of the shrine -

- North / South facade -

- West facade / Section -

- Perspective drawing with watercolour -

- Perspective section -

- Model -
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#55 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 8:59 PM
WOW you really can draw! I'm incapable of doing architercutal drawings which aren't more than sketches

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 9:57 AM
Thank you, Nina! It is obligatory to work by hand the first two years in our university. After that we also start to use Computer aided design.
Alchemist
#57 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 6:03 PM
Wow looks really nice! And your drawing is amazing

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#58 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 7:05 PM
It is a real pain in the neck while you are doing it but you are just happy when you see the work finished. Next year I will have to do a lot of projects drawn by hand.
Scholar
#59 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 9:37 PM
Wow, it does look really good. For work experience I had to do some designs on the computer using CAD, but even that was very fiddly so I know it takes real talent to produce the quality you have produced here. Although I would have been tempted to give the single person in one of the pictures a really derpy face, but then that's not very professional. Your work is very interesting, any particular architects who have influence this design?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 7:50 AM
It was a course task, so the building and the measurements were given to us by our teachers. It was very interesting because I learned a lot about the Shrine. I had to correct the drawings a few times, so that the teacher will like them, but then again, I suppouse that they know better.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 5:21 PM
WOW! George This looks great! I can definitely see all the hard work you put into this! How long did it take you to complete this project?

C.T.HOLKO88
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 7:36 PM
It took about four months. Technically, it could be done a lot faster, but it was the first time I made such drawings and all the corrections from the teachers - so it takes longer.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 8:40 PM
Congrats on your work! Its impressive! If I can find my drawings from school I will scan them and upload so you all can see!

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#64 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 3:18 AM
Hey all
I actually updated my townhouse and so what do ya think?
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#65 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 6:05 PM
I like it a lot. I personally think that you should add some more shrubbs/flowers too. The house looks really warm and cozy.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 11:00 PM
Thanks! I was actually going for that and I will add more landscaping!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#67 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 3:12 PM
Here are 3 houses I'm currently working on:
Screenshots

#68 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 4:29 AM
All three are great looking. I especially like the middle one!

C.T.HOLKO88
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 4:20 PM
I like the third one a lot! Great job and I woud love to see them finished!
Scholar
#70 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 7:08 PM
Well I like the first one best, I recognised it from the demonstration you did for my Norwegian Mountain Lodge over at CFF. Any chance you'll upload any of these beauties?
Alchemist
#71 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 8:53 PM
Fergie: Yeah haha I'm stuck with it because it's so huge. Maybe I'll work on it a little every now and then until it's finished.
The 3rd one is almost finished and will be definatley uploaded
Progress pictures. I only have to furnish the bedrooms and laundry

I have to paint the ceilings, too.
The house already costs 350+K and there are 4 rooms left to do!

#72 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
The house already costs 350+K and there are 4 rooms left to do!

I was worried about the value of one of my current projects exceeding the 200+K mark, but 350? That's either a lot of motherlode of a few generations of working hard, I think I know which I prefer...
Just out of curiosity, what's the layout of the first home like?
Alchemist
#73 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 11:18 AM
I'm actually not really happy with the layout. It has so many rooms which could be lounges and whatnot and a lot of foyers and hallways too

#74 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
I'm actually not really happy with the layout. It has so many rooms which could be lounges and whatnot and a lot of foyers and hallways too

Maybe it could be some kind of mountain hotel?
Forum Resident
#75 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 7:39 PM
I agree with Fergie, Johnny. It actually does look like a mountain lodge/ hotel, very rustic and luxurious!

And with my townhouse I will post interior pics shortly!

C.T.HOLKO88

Page 3 of 98