Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 8:27 AM
I can find the Sims 2 bodyshop but there is no option to uninstall and where is the Sims 2 Directory?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 8:30 AM
Under EA Games in the programs menu....you can also find it in C:\Program Files\EA Games. Try add/remove programs, see if it's listed there. It usually appears as "The Sims 2 Body Shop"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 8:33 AM
If I remove it how will I install it agian? I never installed it seperately it just came with the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 8:35 AM
*GASP* The Sims 2 bodyshop isnt even listed in the add/remove programs... maybe that could be the reason.. maybe it uninstalled itself or something though I can go into bodyshop.
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 8:41 AM
No, if it was uninstalled you would not be able to launch it. Try C:\Program Files\EA Games....you might have to look around in the folders to find it. Also to install it, you can reload it from your disk....or you can get a copy from download.com (which is where I got mine....kept having the same problem with the disk version) or you can get it from http://thesims.uk.ea.com/index.php?...4&type=BodyShop
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 8:44 AM
I found the Sims 2 body shop and a package installer... I dont get any option to uninstall them I can delete but I dont know if tat will work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 8:52 AM
I g2g so I wont be replying for exactally 6 hours.. It's 12:51 here and my mom is getting mad.. Um.. See you in 6 hours.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 9:06 AM
When you install Uni you will get a newer version of Body shop.
If you then made something in the "old"one it will not find thhe right directory to put the content in.
It happend to me once,and before i threw the pc out the window i tried one final thing that actually worked:

Move the ENTIERE directory C:\Documents and Settings\Eier\Mine dokumenter\EA Games.......`to your desktop.
Rename it to "copy" or something else.

Start the game.
It will take ages for the game to start,but don`t panic,it`s bulding a new directory and that takes a bit of time.
When the game is loaded you will see that it is only the original stuff there.
Don`t panic again (like i did)
Quit the game.
Open the directory "C:\Documents and Settings\Eier\Mine dokumenter\EA Games.../that was just created by the game.
Open the directory that you moved to your desktop.
Move it back into the directory " C:\Documents and Settings\Eier\Mine dokumenter\EA Games..../
The question "This folder allready contains .....bla,bla and so on,would you like to overrite it? should appear.
Answer YES to all.

When it`s done start the game,and you`r all set again.
Or at least i was,and i hope to God you are to..........
Banned
#34 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 9:47 AM
I find it unlikely that bodyshop's presence is causing problems.
Although it probably has access to the downloads folder, it's not likely to make anything disappear, and uninstalling it won't do anything.

From what I can work out the main problem is that all the files are still in the downloads folder but they don't show in the game.
What I would suggest doing is moving the entire downloads folder out of
My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 to the Desktop or somewhere, then creating an empty downloads folder in The Sims 2.
Then download something, anything, from mts2 and put it in and see if it shows in the game.

If it does show then it's something in the big downloads folder
If it doesn't show then there's a problem in the game or with the files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 6:52 PM
AAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I tried Duschenka's idea and now when I try to load the game a pop up comes up saying "Some needed files were corrupted during the installation. Please reinstall The Sims 2." Now whats happening!? I also tried Bairy's and it didnt work. Thanks for trying to help guys.. but maybe I shouild just reinstall..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 6:56 PM
OOPs.. Stupid me forgot to put in some files back.. I am trying the idea again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 7:04 PM
The message keeps coming up to reinstall... what do I do?
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 7:08 PM
The problem *at* this point is how you did Duschenka's idea .. probably got fudged up someplace

if you still have your original on your desktop, delete the one in your my documents/ and put that original from your desktop back
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 7:18 PM
Ok, I put them back. Now what?
Banned
#40 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 8:01 PM
For info: We've had a chat to shadowcat in Live Chat and she's going to reinstall the Sims 2 soon. No more replies are necessary until she has.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 3:03 AM
Same thing happened to me, not with skins but with objects: I went into a house today and all objects were Maxis! I thought the game had loaded rather quickly so I exited, checked my download folder, all was there. Used Clean Installer and found lots of empty files and some hacks and careers. Deleted all, ran it again, same problem. Did the "mini uninstall" and things SEEM to be ok now but this was really weird not to mention scary!
Page 2 of 2