Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Chapter 38 - Till Death Do Us Part
Back to: Chapter 36 - Part Two Next: Chapter 39 - Picture Postcard

I lay soaking in the bath, using some of Beth's organic bubble bath, trying to calm my nerves. It wasn't working, I still felt like my heart was about to jump out of my chest.

I dried off, threw my coat on, and went out to fill the buffet table and check the decorations outside. Hopefully the morning chill would pass, I didn't want people to be shivering as Beth and I exchanged vows! When I was happy that everything was looking perfect, I went upstairs to Chloe's old room and changed into my suit. Beth had locked herself into our bedroom to dress; she didn't want me to see her in her dress before she walked up the rose petal aisle we'd arranged outside.

As I descended the stairs, I heard the doorbell ring. I was thrilled to see Chloe waiting outside, looking more grown up than ever in her bridesmaids dress. All her mother had asked was that Chloe and Claude's dresses were green. I was relieved to see Chloe had toned down her usual style for her mum's big day. I gave her a huge hug, and shook Jamie's hand. He was looking smart in his suit, and wished me the best for the future. He's grown up into a nice young man, and I'm glad Chloe's found someone to love.

Jasper and Claudia arrived not long after Chloe and Jamie. Claudia gave me a quick hug before heading upstairs to see how Beth was doing.

"So, how are you feeling?" asked Jasper. "Scared yet?"

"I feel sick, my legs feel like jelly!" I laughed. "But I've never felt surer of anything in my life. I can't wait to marry her."

"Well, you won't have to wait long," said Claude, descending the stairs behind me. "She's ready."

I stood under the arch in the garden, my heart trying to pound it's way out of my chest. What if she changed her mind? Has she been up in that room trying to think of how to get out of this? How did I ever think I was good enough for her, she must have come to her senses, how could someone so incredible fall for someone like me...

Suddenly, the music began to play. Walking up the aisle towards me came Beth, looking more beautiful than I had ever seen her before. She took my breath away. I held my breath, praying that this wasn't all a dream, or if it was, praying to never, ever wake up.

"You look beautiful." I whispered, my mouth dry in awe.

"Thank you." Beth replied, blushing. "You scrub up rather well yourself."

"With this ring, I thee wed..."

"...to have and to hold..."

"...now pronounce you man and wife..."

The congregation burst into applause, bringing me back down to earth. My eyes were full of tears as I looked at my beautiful new wife.

"Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Leod McGreggor on their wedding day, with love from Chloe, Jamie, Claudia and Jasper. May you have a happy and long life together."

Click Next: Chapter 39 - Picture Postcard to continue...

Back to: Chapter 36 - Part Two Next: Chapter 39 - Picture Postcard

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.